We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello Sunshine holidays company

dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Hello Sunshine holidays company

Hi and good evening, please can anyone tell me any details about this company, am looking at a holiday on-line for the annual expedition to Greece and am happy with the price offered but do not know anything of the company mentioned, they are based in Durham, many thanx , Chillax :)

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
20 replies to this topic
Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

Never used them personally but they are a division of Hays Travel so in theory, should be ok. They are ABTA protected and ATOL bonded so your money would be protected should anything go wrong...

Edited: 14 October 2014, 07:41
dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

Many thanks for your reply, perhaps i will try them, cheers.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
5,895 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

is it just me but any company who's name sounds like a dodgy geezers greeting (Hello Sunshine) I'd steer clear of

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

To be honest Kev, no it's not just you. I initially reacted the same way but on checking them out, found they are actually part of Hays travel. I still wouldn't personally use them as I feel that if you're obviously online anyway, you might as well book directly with tour operator rather than use an agent to do it for you.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

Do you mean Sunshine Holidays?? (the "Hello" bit has bemused me, if so - it's not in their name)?

If that's them, I have used them a couple of times (although I usually book things independently), and been quite happy. You can book whatever elements of your holiday you want, and book other bits separately. They're ABTA registered

http://www.sunshine.co.uk/about/

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

No. It's definately Hello Sunshine although the online trading name is Low Cost Sunshine.

www.lowcostsunshine.co.uk/about-us.phtml

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,501 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

if they are abta protected and atol bonded then all is good.money is protected should anything happen to the company.

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

Hi,

You may wish to look at this : https:/…

Not great reading I am afraid.

Thanks

dunfermline
Level Contributor
41 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

Many thanx, i did not book with them as they sounded well dodgy , even when i phoned, Avoid :(

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
930 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hello Sunshine holidays company

@ Customer Reviewer. The 'Hello Sunshine' being discussed in this thread is a trading name of Low Cost Sunshine, is a division of Hays Travel and is ATOL/ABTA bonded. Their web page (link is in previous post) states they have been trading since 2005.

The company in the link you've provided Hello Sunshine/First For Travel have only being trading between March 2013 and January 2015 (according to the picture of a document including in your link.) I do think it's strange though with a second company using 'Hello Sunshine' as a trading name. The owner of the real Hello Sunshine found it strange too.

Those who do decide to read the facebook thread provided should pay attention to Richard Lightfoot's post before making any rash judgements. He is the owner of the real Hello Sunshine agency which is based in Seaham County, Durham. The address of the company in Customer Reviwer's link is given as Doxford Park, Sunderland and has ceased trading.

This is a timely reminder for those looking for bargain breaks to always check the legitimacy of the company they are about to book with. It is quite easy these days to find out if a company is ATOL/ABTA protected. It seems the company in Customer Reviewer's link had used a similar name to an established company to attract custom.

Reply to: Hello Sunshine holidays company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
More Alykes Topics