We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
Bars

Arriving Sunday, what bars do you regulars recommend? Normally stay in Alykanas but jumping ship this time..🍹🍹

6 replies to this topic
CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,268 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Bars

The Iris bar just a little way up the Katastari Rd on the left is amongst my favourites, it's a typical British catered for pub and even has draught Guinness also has a great crazy golf set up that is floodlit at night. The central crossroads area has the lively Spikey's bar and almost opposite is the Jungle bar. Just a little way along the main strip you'll find the Sugarbush with it's karaoke etc (not my thing at all) but it suits many others. The Palm Tree here is popular too. Right along at the end of the main strip on the right is Whispers Bar that has a great newer pool at the rear open to all, Nickos the owner has a great collection of older music at night that he plays to order. Moving back to the other end of the village on the left as you enter from the Alykanas side is the lovely Yria bar another firm favourite with it's chilled draught cider. There are many others to choose from especially daytime beach bars, Paporo serves excellent really homemade pizzas whilst Fishladia serves excellent fish as it's name suggests. Porto Paraiso is another well chilled out quirkly set out place with great food too. After a day or two you soon will have found your favourite, enjoy.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 18:07
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
135 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Bars

Thanks for info! We're staying at Avra which is near Iris I think? I'm sure we'll sample a few! Yamas!

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Bars

Stayed at Avra last year, very good. Just down towards the town on the left you will see To Koukounari Taverna very good food & nice people, well worth a visit.

CARDIFF U.K.
Destination Expert
for Gran Canaria, Alykes, Alykanas
Level Contributor
7,268 posts
64 reviews
4. Re: Bars

Another thumbs up for the Koukounaria lovely Taverna which is not to be confused with the Koukounaria hotel a little further down the road again on the left via an access lane.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
42 reviews
5. Re: Bars

Koukounari Taverna can get very busy Sundays with large groups of local families having their Sunday meal , always a good sign of a good restaurant. I will try to make a special effort to get there during my stay but a bit of a stroll from Pothos.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
338 posts
17 reviews
6. Re: Bars

Mondeo is right Iris Bar is lovely. Even if you are not a football fan the setting is beautiful, lots of plants and trees. Drinks are reasonable. Cheaper than other bars.

Service is friendly and they have a Freddie Mercury Tribute night on Tuesdays, if you're a fan of Queen. He sounds remarkably like Freddie Mercury, it's a fun evening.

Football fans will love the massive screens and live broadcasts.

I also liked Whispers bar, great atmosphere and the live Greek music night is good fun everyone joins in the dancing.

Reply to: Bars
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics