We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel tax added for next year

Musselburgh, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel tax added for next year

Just received an email from Thomas cook telling me the Greek government will add a hotel tax next year. .50 c per night per person for 1 star hotel, 1.50 for 2-3 star hotel and 4 for 4 star hotel. To help with Greek monetary issues. Not a massive deal.

23 replies to this topic
Musselburgh, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

Some errors in my post. 3 euros per day for 4 star and 4 for 5. All categories of apartments (1-4) are 0.5 cents per day so 7 euros per person for a fortnight so nothing.

2. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 16:05

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

No, an apartment will cost you 7€ for a two week holiday. The star rating applies to hotels.

4. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 16:05

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

The prices have gone up with a bang for next season, some have doubled and one that I booked this year has trebled in price. I've been looking on the various hotel booking sites that we normally use and the prices are ridicules. Can't see the new hotel tax making the prices so high. Fingers crossed they see sense and drop the high prices soon.

6. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 06:05

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

Michael p, I have seen the email & read the details in the Greek news, the 50 cents a day on apartments is not in addition to anything, that is the cost alone.

Barnstyke, if you look at prices in sterling, yes, they do show a big increase, some of that due to the appalling rate. I am a Brit too & view places in both sterling & euro before deciding which to book & the rates themselves have not increased much, or not at all in euros on some properties, but of course it will show more expensive when translated into sterling.

8. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

Removed on: 28 September 2017, 06:35

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,165 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

Why would the apartment rate be added to what has been stated as the hotel rates? Read it again. I agree it is badly worded, it should say that apartments will be charged at 0.5€ a day & miss out the word also.

morecambe
Level Contributor
281 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel tax added for next year

So a 5 star hotel room pays €4 per day and a 5 star apartment pays only 0.5€ or 7€ for 14 days? Sorry but I think that is a wrong interpretation of the Email.

Reply to: Hotel tax added for next year
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics