We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternatives to Greek food

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
128 reviews
Alternatives to Greek food

Let me start by saying that Greek food is probably my favourite cuisine and having read numerous reviews on this site and others, I can't wait to sample some of the superb tavernas and restaurants in the resort for the first time!

That being said, usually about half way through our holiday, we simply feel like something a bit different. Italian, Mexican, Chinese, American, Tapas don't really mind which!

Are there any restaurants in Alykes or Alykanas that offer this sort of thing?

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,573 posts
183 reviews
1. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

In Alykanas there is a Chindian - Indian and Chinese. There is also an American Diner - The Roadhouse.

Lowestoft
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
42 reviews
2. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

I enjoy the Greek food, very tender but after a while I find it a little bland so although I don't realy agree with having foriegn food while in that country, I prefer to eat local I may have to have the occational English, Chinese, Indinan on my next visit for a little variation. I do enjoy fish meals wherever I travel, always try them.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
315 posts
128 reviews
3. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Thanks for the suggestions. Is there anywhere in either resort that does particularly good pizza?

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
712 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

All tavernas will do pizza

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
445 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Many love the Cosy Corner in Alykanas.

http://www.shortieweb.com/thecosycorner.htm

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Would highly recommend Papora which is next to Buca. Best Pizzas we have had for ages!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
781 posts
329 reviews
7. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Another vote for Cosy Corner! As well as Greek food there is a wide range of alternatives, & specials every night, including fantastic Malay beef curry ( Wednesdays)Grimsby cod & chips ( Fridays) the best fillet steak ( Saturdays) and even a traditional Sunday roast.

You can find them on Facebook.

Level Contributor
44 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Best pizza I would say is probably to be had in Paporo.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

Best pizza in Alykes is at the Paradise Restaurant by the salt flats.

10. Re: Alternatives to Greek food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2018, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Alykes
Recent Conversations
More Alykes Topics