We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palace Unavailablility ???

Liverpool
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Palace Unavailablility ???

I have just looked Travel Republic for a price for the Palace for 11/6/18 for a fortnight and it says there is no availability for that time. I refuse to believe that the hotel would be full at this time and am wondering why there is no availability ?

Thanks in Advance

Frank

7 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

Have you tried other websites, or booking directly?

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

And that would be correct that there is no availability and you are correct that the hotel will not be full but would be almost at is sold to many markets now.

I will explain.

You will also find the same issue at Siva next door as well.

Both hotels are owned and run by Red Sea Holidays.

As you would know that means they are not supplied by Thomas Cook or TUI.

Red Sea Group only really offer a small amount of rooms to Third Parties to sell and you find this more in the winter months rather than peak months.

Unfortunately if The Palace is your desired Hotel then your only option is to book through Red Sea Holidays and emailing the hotel will serve no purpose also as they will just refer you to the hotel page and will not take a booking by email.

This was asked by another TA member and I know the hotel manager also and walked round.

If memory serves me right 1st May was the last 3rd Party availability.

I do understand you want to stay there but you will not find availability on 3rd Party sites even if you used Trivago that searches them all in 1 go.

I can tell you currently that Palace and Siva are currently very very busy.

Good luck though in finding a Third Party as I don't think you will until 1st October time.

It's just a Red Sea Holiday thing bonkers yes but that is the real reason.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

Thank you Jared M, much appreciated and very incisive as usual.

Will consider going back to either Dahab or The Tulip Marsa Alam.

Thanks again.

Port Ghalib, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Marsa Alam, Port Ghalib, Safaga, Hurghada
Level Contributor
5,207 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

Dahab oh yes Blue Hole.

Wish we had a Blue Hole here.

Tulip looks good now also with the new blocks and Aquapark.

They spent some serious money there ad well.

Take a look at a Rohanou Eco Lodge. Very New place very very unspoilt Coral and reefs.

Later this year look at Pickalbatross new place Seaworld. Took them 5 years to build the place and smashes any other hotel out the ball park.

Absolutely stunning creation.

But then again all happening else where. New Jaz Hotel next to Steigenberger in Coraya Bay, extension to Jaz Solaya, total new hotel next to Jaz Samaya yet another Jaz Hotel plus they have just Purchased Resta Reef and Resta Grand so now Jaz Reef and Has Grand but Reef now closed for major renovations Grand still open.

That will make Jaz Coraya Madinet like a huge village of hotels making 8 in the complex.

So much happening now building wise.

The New Novotel is also supposed to be very good.

Do not overlook Three Corners Fayrouz also a very good place and runs a free shuttle all day long into Ghalib from 11am till around 11.30pm at night.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
10,256 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

I have to agree that Pickalbatross sea world marsa Alam does look very nice, may have to book a visit 😋

Edited: 09 May 2018, 19:50
Liverpool
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

Hi Jared-M,

Thanks again for all that information, food for thought indeed. I wonder if I could pick your encyclopeadic knowledge even further . . .

My thought in looking at the Palace is really motivated by a slight hunger to try a new resort in Egypt. As a bit of bakground I have been to Egyptwell over twenty times with multiple visits to the Tropitel Oasis Dahab and The Tulip Marsa Alam, both of which I like but am very familiar with.

This trip is to celebrate a Big Birthday. Unfortunately my wife cannot join me so I will be travelling alone. As a man travelling aloneI would not want to be staying at Water Park venue full of children. Pristine reefs are really what I am looking for and I would certainly forgive you if you told me I have probably found some of the best places already !

I a way I am asking you for a recommendation for a snorkelling holiday in a quiet venue that also has a bit of a social night life. Dahab does fill these criterion to my satisfaction but the difficulty travelling to Sharm combined with a bit of hunger for somewhere new makes me want to look for an alternative resort. (Hurghada is NOT a place I would like to return to !).

Thanks for all your good advice and previous suggestions, your knowledge really is invaluable to this message board, thanks for your time !!!

Frank

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4,213 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palace Unavailablility ???

Why don't you book The Palace along the website of Red Sea Holidays.

We go there often. It is perfect for people who travel alone and there is the harbour for a drink in the evening.

Hotel is quiet and very relaxing and has a beautiful house reef.

I go there by myself in September.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 23:04
Reply to: Palace Unavailablility ???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Ghalib
Recent Conversations