We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day with no overnight stay

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,095 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
One day with no overnight stay

We have only one day available to visit Meteora. I was thinking to do a guided tour by train but after the train accident the schedule had been changed and you have only 3.5 h tour instead of 5h. I know there are bus tours but they are with overnight stay. Are there any other options to visit for one day? Should we just rent a car and go by ourselves? Can you go to Monasteries alone? Did someone did it without a guide and in one day as a trip from Athens?

1 reply
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
20,304 posts
81 reviews
168 helpful votes
1. Re: One day with no overnight stay

I’ve never done it as a day trip, never would, always stayed 4 nights, but yes you can visit the monasteries on your own. Start very early & check which ones are open on the day you are choosing to visit.

Reply to: One day with no overnight stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kastraki
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.