We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shinjuku accommodation

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Shinjuku accommodation

Hi there. Soon we (family with kids) will be staying in Tokyo - twice in a fortnight - 4 nights at the start of the trip and then in the second part (another 4 nights). I got a great deal at Hilton Tokyo Shinjuku for first 4 nights.

For the last 4 nights I've booked 2 places which I can't decide between: Royal Park Hotel the Shiodome and Hyatt Regency Shinjuku. I took these hotels as they have room types which accommodates a family with kids. All suitable rooms in hotels in Shibuya and Ginza (our other preferred locations) seems to have already sold out.

I can't decide if its silly to stay in Shinjuku twice rather than experience another district in Tokyo, but the Shiodome area doesn't really attract me, except for its proximity to Ginza. Otherwise it seems dull. Having said that we will not be looking to spend time at night in the craziness of Shinjuku, given we have kids.

So, any advice would be appreciated. TIA

2 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
56,808 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Shinjuku accommodation

IMO - there is no reason not to stay in the same area twice. You've found a hotel that fits your needs and budget. Take advantage of it.

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
8,949 posts
311 reviews
2. Re: Shinjuku accommodation

I think it's good to stay in Shinjuku at once, but if you stay twice, I recommend to stay at other parts of Tokyo, such as in Odaiba, Shiodome, or Ginza. Particularly, I think it's nice to stay in Odaiba, such as Hilton Hotel Odaiba or Nikko Hotel Odaiba: although it's a little bit remote place, you can enjoy the sea breeze, nice views and a spacious luxury room at reasonable price in your last few days of your trip to Japan, which makes you feel like you want to come back again. I always think so when I stayed at nice hotels.

Here is my review of where to say in Tokyo.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298184-c…

Reply to: Shinjuku accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted