We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to hotel walk

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to hotel walk

Our plane arrived at 11:10pm. Hotel is only 1 mile away. Is it safe to walk (we don't have big luggage)?

Hotel Hangaroa Eco Village & Spa
Hotel Hare Noi Rapa Nui
Hotel Hare Noi Rapa Nui
#2 of 15 hotels in Hanga Roa
Hotel Puku Vai
Hotel Puku Vai
#3 of 15 hotels in Hanga Roa
Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to hotel walk

It is perfectly safe to walk, Unless it rains, you might walk from the airport to your hotel.

However, when you'll arrive at night, let your hotel know you plan to walk so that they know it will take some extra time before you'll be there.

On the other hand, taxi will cost only CLP 3.000.- with an airport extra so there's no point in walking, really.

If you book tours in advance, your tour company will receive you at the airport.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to hotel walk

Thx,the reason I want to go to hotel myself is because my tour operators will charge us usd12 pp since my plane will land after 11pm. So, two questions: Would it be too dark to walk, also can I get taxi that late?

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to hotel walk

There should be taxis available at night, as well, but not always.

The price quote you mention should be both ways (airport-hotel-airport) and you get flowers etc.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to hotel walk

Thx, if it doesn't rain, it should be safe, meaning not too dark to walk, right? Need back up plan if no taxi.

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
555 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to hotel walk

It's safe to walk and not too dark, either.

Cupertino...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to hotel walk

Thx, that'll save 3 of us $12 each.

7. Re: Airport to hotel walk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2017, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Hanga Roa
Recent Conversations