We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Island breakfast bread

Orange County...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easter Island breakfast bread

Does anyone know the name of the round breakfast bread (it looks like an American biscuit) with fork holes in the top? If so, do you have a recipe?

Kotaro
$$ - $$$, Japanese
Neptune Island
$$ - $$$, Seafood, International, Polynesian
Te Moai Sunset
$, Seafood, International, Polynesian
Santiago, Chile
Destination Expert
for Chile
Level Contributor
11,289 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Island breakfast bread

Hallullah (ha-YOU-ya). Popular in all of Chile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtNMDfiFr1c

Easter Island, Chile
Destination Expert
for Easter Island
Level Contributor
552 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Island breakfast bread

Try also marraqueta (the big one you might split into 2 or 4 parts). It's more healthy (less grease), too.

If your hotel does not provide it for the breakfast, visit one of the bakeries on the main street. It's available everywhere in Chile, as well.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Island breakfast bread

Thank you too. We are home now from our 5-day stay on beautiful Easter Island. I wanted to try baking some of the breads we ate there that we don't have in California. I will look for a recipe for marraqueta's too.

Mentioned in this post
Orange County...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Island breakfast bread

Sorry if this is a repeat post of my thank you to both of you. I'm new to this site. I spent hours trying to get the name of this bread and you provided it and more in minutes. Thank you.

5. Re: Easter Island breakfast bread

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2016, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Hanga Roa
Recent Conversations