We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Victoria
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Hi,

Travelling to Bohol soon and was wondering if anyone has stayed at "Panglao Chocolate Hill Resort"

Many thanks,

9 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

No, I haven't. I prefer to stay closer to Alona Beach, or somewhere that provides a motorbike so I can get to Alona Beach. The resort looks a bit isolated, have you read the reviews? The pictures look nice, but I never spend much time hanging about a hotel or resort

Victoria
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Hi, thanks for the reply, what do you think about Lost Horizon Beach Resort,

Victoria
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Hi again, i also had a look at Alona Tropical Beach resort. Have you stayed there?

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
62 reviews
4. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

I haven't stayed at Lost Horizon, but it is definitely located in the midst of the activities. Easy walking distance to all the restaurants, bars, dive shops, etc. I have been to the beachfront bar there quite a few times during happy hour.

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
62 reviews
5. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Alona Tropical Resort is at the quieter end of the beach, but still within easy walking distance of everything worth walking to. I haven't stayed there, but my elderly mother & auntie did enjoy their stay there

Victoria
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Hi, i can get rooms at the Lost Horizon, and im keen,but the reviews are not all that great. Can i ask your recommendations on where you have stayed?

melbourne
Level Contributor
3,349 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Well, I can tell you where I've stayed, but that's not to say it's a recommendation.

I've stayed a couple of times at Bohol Divers Resort, which is on Alona Beach. They have a range of accommodations there, but I stayed in a Standard Room, which has a bucket & ladle (cold) shower, and noisy old aircon that barely has an impact. In retrospect I would have been better off in a slighlty smaller fan room for about half the price. The resort is located on a quieter part of the beach, just a few minutes walk from the main area. Overall it's quite a good resort, with a decent restaurant, nice pool, a beachside bar, and a family friendly beach disco on friday & saturday nights

http://www.boholdiveresort.com/index.php

I stayed once Bohol Sunside Resort. The rooms were much newer, with good aircon, a little barfridge, a tv, and a proper roomsafe. The resort is not really within walking distance of Alona Beach, but guests can have the use of a motorscooter, and they operate a shuttle bus to & from the beach. It's a nice little place, but it was the roomsafe & the motorscooter that really interested me.

http://bohol-sunside-resort.com/

I've also stayed at a few places in Tagbilaran, and in other parts of Bohol

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
81 reviews
8. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

Location wise , both Alona Tropical Resort & Lost Horizon are better for beach access & proximity to shops & restaurants...

Alona Tropical is more expensive & luxurious than Lost Horizon but sometimes they host big tour groups..

Along Alona Beach , i've only stayed at Trudis Place , a smaller single building beachfront guesthouse just beside the bigger Lost Horizon...

Be careful that Lost Horizon do not allocate you rooms located at their Annexe Building(further away)..

Mostly , i stay at the more remote Dumaluan Beach & Libaong Beach...

But the remoteness may not be suitable for everyone though i feel that the beach is quieter & cleaner here(becos there is less resorts & restaurants along the beachfront)...

At meal times & for evening drinking sessions , i travel to Alona Beach via a cheap 50 ~ 70pesos habal habal(motorbike taxi) ride...

Which are the other resorts that you are considering now?

Cheers

Edited: 08 April 2018, 19:28
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,932 posts
53 reviews
9. Re: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort

On the website it says

At Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort, guests can access the bar from 06:00 - 21:00 daily.

That should be enough to put you off as it will be about an hour to walk to Alona Beach when the bar closes.

Reply to: Panglao Chocolate Hills Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island