We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

We are planning not to stay overnight..

13 replies to this topic
Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

Yes at Dumaluan resort. It is a public beach beside Bohol Beach Club.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

I think there are some at Bolod Beach just further up from Dumaluan Beach as well.. These are just like Shelters with a resting area & open at the sides correct?

Just tell the driver that you are going to the stretch of beach beyond Amarela Resort & once you go past Amarela resort you will shortly see the day rental cottages,,, there are vendors selling refreshments here as well.. weekends are quite packed with local families having picnics here!

There may be some at other locations that I am not aware of..

Cheers

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

There are other locations but for a first timer, I would recommend Dumaluan/Bolod

5 posts
4. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

Bring a tent

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
265 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

Check airbnb.com

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
52 reviews
6. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

"Check airbnb.com"

The OP does not plan to stay overnight. Im guessing the OP is staying in Tagbilaran City and will just have a day trip on the beach. Another place to look into is a public beach called Libaong beach and Panglao white beach. Unlike in Dumaluan, that you have to pay for an entrance fee and parking fee. Libaong beach is free. There are cottages and tables that are for rent at a minimal amount of P100. The place is like a mini Alona beach wherein there are small restaurants and hostels lining up at the shoreline.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

This is the place where i am talking about , go past Amarela Resort on the rocky path from the main road & you will reach here.. public beach near Amarela Resort..

Refering to Post#4 , i have also not seen anyone pitch a tent on Alona Beach , Dumaluan Beach or Libaong Beach so far.. i wonder if it's allowed?

I have seen Tents @ Moalboal's Basdaku but none on Panglao so far.. it could be ok though since i did not see any signboards stating it's not allowed..

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
2,261 posts
52 reviews
8. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

Overnight is allowed. However, most locals usually stay on the cottage as setting a tent is not that popular in Panglao.

London
Level Contributor
2,543 posts
106 reviews
9. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

We're currently staying close to Libaong Beach at Island View (Airbnb). https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/8431046 We often walk along the beach to Dumaluan Resort for dinner (the restaurant is excellent) and often see little tents on the beach that I assume people use for getting changed in, but you wouldn't want to spend the night there as the tide covers the entire beach when it comes in.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
81 reviews
10. Re: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?

I have always enjoyed the nightime singers at Dumaluan Beach Resort more than the food & staff service... a bit too salty..

Reply to: Is it possible to only rent a cottage instead of a hotel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Panglao Island