We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

panama

new hampshire
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
panama

would like to know what's best to get from Tocumen airport to san carlos. can I take a bus from the airport direct to san carlos, or do i need to go to albrook first. I'm arriving 2:45 am and want the safest and cheapest way. someone siad I should take a cab to albrook, then a bus to san carlos. appreciate any suggestions

Mark

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
533 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: panama

No direct bus from the airport to San Carlos.

Bus from the Gran Terminal Nacional de Transporte at ALBROOK MALL (not the airport) would be the only "cheap" way to San Carlos. Taxi from Tocumen to the bus terminal $30 -$35. Bus from Tocumen (the TOWN, not the airport) to the Albrook Bus Terminal $1.25 (you will need to walk ½ mile to the closest bus stop near the airport).

You can check the schedule to San Carlos here - http://thebusschedule.com/EN/pa/

Have fun.

Steve www.panamanotes.com

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: panama

Buses are cheap and fun with the locals. At the terminal (which is easy to navigate) look for buses that say El Valle, San Carlos, Santiago, and tell the bus driver that you want to get off at San Carlos..

Buses are plentiful and go off every 15 min. or so. The driver will stop and let you off at the main street going into San Carlos.

I am sure you know where to go once you arrive?

3. Re: panama

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2013, 21:24
Get answers to your questions about Playa Coronado