We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon!!!

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon!!!

Ok guys, my honeymoon is coming up on the 27th and I need some tips! What are some things I should pack that I wouldn’t think of. Should I bring some food from the states?

We are staying at the Palms.

I would love some food recommendations (especially yummy lunch option on the less expensive side)

What are some things you recommend doing in the area?

How much cash should I bring?

TIA

Mentioned in this post
The Palms, Turks and Caicos
The Palms, Turks and...
726 Reviews
Providenciales
7 replies to this topic
Raleigh, NC
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos, Providenciales, Grace Bay
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon!!!

Congratulations on your wedding and upcoming honeymoon!

The Palms is the only resort we stay at on Grace Bay and will be returning for our 7th stay this October.

We don't eat lunch per se when we're there, but instead opt to have cheese, crackers, prosciutto, along with our Turks Head beers in our suite.

For dining, here are our favorites:

Le Bouchon - our #1 favorite - steak au poivre & pom frits, escargot, scallops & risotto, tuna carpaccio, and profiteroles.

Seven - located at Seven Stars resort - fine dining - Executive Chef Edwin won Chef of the Year in 2016 & 2017. Favorite dishes are Chateaubriand for Two, Duo of Tuna, Chicken & Parmesan Risotto, Chef's Tasting Menu.

Coco Bistro - dine in a palm grove - Love their mango daiquiris, beef tenderloin, tuna tataki app, yellow fin tuna and coconut pie

Via Veneto - favorite Italian restaurant on island - Outstanding pork cheeks & truffles over pasta, Mediterranean snapper, wood fired pizza and tiramisu

Grace's Cottage - dine in a tropical garden setting - We LOVE their chocolate souffle.

Magnolia's - Great views of Turtle Cove Marina at sunset - sit by rail for best views - Love their sesame seed crusted rare seared tuna.

Lupo's - Located in Regent Villages area - wonderful meatballs 3 ways

Parallel 23 - beautiful setting of courtyard fountain - very romantic

Bay Bistro - some of best sunsets on Grace Bay - love conch wontons, coffee rubbed tuna app and homemade ice creams

Check out Ately's for local Larimar, sea glass and silver jewelry. Atelys is located in Caicos Plaza across from Seven Stars resort.

The Turks Head Brewery tour and tasting for $15 per person is fun. You get a tour of how they make the beer and then a 5-flight tasting of their regular beverages or their limited craft beers.

Mentioned in this post
The Palms, Turks and Caicos
The Palms, Turks and...
726 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,268 Reviews
Providenciales
Coco Bistro
Coco Bistro
5,530 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace's Cottage
Grace's Cottage
603 Reviews
Providenciales
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,661 Reviews
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon!!!

Allow $100/day cash in case of card denials or ATM malfunctions. Dr. Jim

Edited: 11 May 2018, 04:17
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon!!!

Will I need to exchange money?

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
8,747 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon!!!

Palms includes a very nice full American breakfast.

Pack some of your favorite snacks.

Palms does have a little shop in the courtyard shops that carry some food and beverage items as well as other shop for clothing, art etc.

LunaSea next door at Somerset for casual lunches.

Bay Bistro one more resort east is great for meals and a short beach walk.

A bit further east is Hemingways at Sands.

West from Palms on the beach you can walk easily to Somewhere on the Beach at Coral Gardens for casual fare.

Congrats!

Mike

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,661 Reviews
Providenciales
Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon!!!

No need to exchange money Turks and Caicos currency is the US Dollar.

Mentioned in this post
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos, Grace Bay, Grand Turk
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon!!!

The Bahamian dollar is also used since 2013 in the Turks & Caicos Islands. Dr. Jim

Edited: 11 May 2018, 22:17
Mentioned in this post
new york
Level Contributor
96 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon!!!

The best food in town near the Sakt Mills is Provence. Casual excellence and if you chose, eat inside, one of the few places that has air conditioning. We are here for the fourth time and currently eating at Provence four nights during a 11 day stay. The quality and creativity of the food is awesome. Not as romantic as Coyoba but food, exceptional .... nice French wines, too. Happy honeymoon.

Reply to: Honeymoon!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grace Bay