We are planning a family vacation next summer (last summer before daughter leaves for college) and are looking at options. Right now we are thinking a Caribbean location but are open to other suggestions. A little about us:
1. There will be four of us going....my wife and I, our 11 year old son and 17 year old daughter.
2. Looking for a location with a pool and beach nearby (tropical).
3. We are a fairly active family. Would like to try snorkeling. Also, would be interested in biking/hiking, horseback riding, jet skis, etc.
4. Don't necessarily need the place we stay to be on the beach (would be nice though) but definitely within a couple of blocks.
5. Safety is VERY important.
6. We don't have a set budget yet. We don't want to skimp but also don't want to spend extra if we don't have to (bang for the buck).
Thanks in advance for suggestions!