We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October holiday?

Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
October holiday?

Hi, can anyone recommend somewhere in Europe to for a sun holiday for a family of 4? Two kids are 15 and 8. Ideally we'd like somewhere that is not closed for winter ie water parks, entertainment, restaurants. Plan to go on mid term break. We have looked at The Canary Islands but unsure as to whether or not it will be still accomodating for water parks etc. Thank you in advance.

9 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,625 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: October holiday?

Yes, the Canaries should be fine in October

Siam Park, Tenerife ( huge waterpark there) is open year round, and is exceptionally popular with families

Check their website for specifics

The Tripadvisor Tenerife Destination Forum itself is great for location specifc travel advice

Edited: 16 May 2018, 05:49
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: October holiday?

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I will certainly look at that forum. Have a great day!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,625 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October holiday?

There is also a 33 acre zoo on Tenerife called Loro Parque. - Its very popular and attracts about 40 million visitors a year

And thank you, you have a great day too!

Edited: 16 May 2018, 06:59
West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October holiday?

I agree that Tenerife can offer your family everything on your list. It is my favourite of the Canary Islands .

Be aware though that as it is the school holidays prices will be high and availability lower. So you need to think about booking soon.

The weather should be good - and it's an all year round destination so no worries about anything being closed.

Enjoy!

London, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: October holiday?

Hi,

You can plan for India as well. Its a beautiful colourful country. One should really go and explore. I went last year & enjoyed it.

Hope this will help

Jessica

Chandigarh, India
Level Contributor
156 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: October holiday?

In my opinion Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Spain and Italy are perfect destination at this time of the year. You can enjoy warm weather and still go to the beach at most of these countries. But Spain might be nice. I just returned from there. We found hotels in smaller cities at reasonable rates. We rented a car and visited most of southern Spain, Gibraltar and Tangier Morocco.

I think it will help you a lot !!

Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: October holiday?

Thanks Jessica :)

Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: October holiday?

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: October holiday?

Welcome

Reply to: October holiday?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted