We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler

Brentwood, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler

Hi,

I'm looking for suggestions for a European family holiday in early Oct with a baby and toddler. Flying from Stanstead and open to location once no more than 2.5/3 hours flight. Would like somewhere with lots to do with kids and nice weather. Open to all types of board.

Thanks

3 replies to this topic
West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler

Early October should still be good weather in southern Spain - Costa Del Sol, Costa Blanca perhaps and on the Algarve. Both only 2 or 2.5 hours flight from London.

The Canaries have good weather (almost) all year round but the flight is 4 hours so perhaps longer than you wanted.

I find that most major resorts have plenty to keep very young children happy. All they really need is some water - and sand. Lots of fun to be had. You might want to consider an apartment rather than an hotel too. it can be easier to cater for all - plus on an evening you can put the children to bed and read or chat without disturbing them.

Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler

As mentioned above Costa Del Sol in Spain is a good contender as you could rent an apartment quite easily or else do a half board hotel. Lanzarote is another option for half board hotels.

Level Contributor
12 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler

how old is the toddler?

when my daughter was 1 we did a trip to paris and managed to hit alot of the attraction spots.

for our recent trip with the daughter now 5, we like to include kids attractions into the usual touristy stuff so they have something to look forward to. you can also look into "kidzania" which is a kids play franchise from Mexico, they have locations in London UK and Lisbon Portugal.

Reply to: European family holiday - Oct - with baby and toddler
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted