We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Electronic fan ID notification

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
74 reviews
Electronic fan ID notification

Panic no more!

I received my fan ID a few months ago but received a text and email today linking me to an electronic version of my Fan ID to print out and take with me. I assume that this will be the same for everyone.

This finally puts to bed the panic amongst folk about the delivery of their physical fan ID. You can get in the country and attend games with a printed out version. They Russian authorities clearly know now that not everyone will receive theirs in time for attending!

8 replies to this topic
West Midlands...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
17,325 posts
1. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Sounds like they are sending them out earlier than was suggested before, good, should calm a few people.

But you need to get a proper laminated one once you get to Russia, to get into the stadium, not a printout!

https:/…FAN-ID-2018-ENG.pdf

Edited: 15 May 2018, 22:24
West Midlands...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
17,325 posts
2. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Or to use the free transport when required.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Just noticed that there that you still need to get a proper laminate! I think most folk were worried that they would be refused entry at the airports!

West Midlands...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
17,325 posts
4. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

They did exactly the same for the Confed Cup, no way they can really have a LMFCFS ticket phase without it really.

We have been telling people to relax for a while but you know how people are, same with ticket delivery, panic stations all round while May is only half finished!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
195 reviews
5. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Almost panicked when I saw it's valid for one entry only, then remembered its only relating to the electronic fan id

1 post
6. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Hello

i just asked a fan id, while the world cup started

Can I travel with my electronic id fan that I received on email

greetings

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

@Wassim R,

Yes you can travel right now if you already bought tickets to the game.

2 posts
8. Re: Electronic fan ID notification

Hi I did not travel to Russia for the WC but i do have a FAN ID, can I still use to get entry into Russia?

Reply to: Electronic fan ID notification
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions