We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

San Diego...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

Hello everyone.

I have a guest that is no longer able to attend the world cup with me and he wants to sell his tickets to someone else. Has anyone been successful in getting a FAN ID for a name different than that on the ticket (already printed)?

I understand I can request a transfer on the FIFA website, but the person buying the tickets doesn't want to provide me with his passport information to add it on to the ticket request and go through the e proper channels.

Basically the person buying the ticket wants to apply for a FAN ID using the already printed ticket on a different name.

4 replies to this topic
Abu Dhabi, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

Hello, did you mange to find out an answer for your question?

I have a very similar situation....

San Diego...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

I read something on a different thread here in Trip Advisor saying it can be done, however I have not sold the tickets yet so I'm unsure if it is true or not.

Abu Dhabi, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

I have now received my electronic fan iD and I applied using a ticket that has a different name than mine on it. It works.

Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket

I honestly doubt that in a match with at least 20,000 people they will check the names 1 by 1.

Lads who were in the Confed Cup also said here that they don't check.

Edited: 25 May 2018, 06:38
Reply to: Request FAN ID on a different name from ticket
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions