We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Earplugs

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Best Earplugs
Save

Can anyone recommend some that don't feel like you have packing peanuts stuffed in your ears?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
19,283 posts
30 reviews
42 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

For noise ? Or for equalizing ?

For equalizing I use earplanes. They have a little blue balloon like hollow rubber end that fits nicely - and I have trouble with most shaped earplugs or earphones.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

For noise...snoring actually! We are going to be sharing a double bed in a small cabin on our upcoming trip and I won't have my usual 2 pillows that I use to muffle out my husband's racket.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

The simplest ones are the foam ones that mold to your ear. It might take a little bit of time to get used to them but they do work.

Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
10,428 posts
81 reviews
55 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

I find that even wearing ear plugs can't drown out the sound of snoring from someone right beside you. I've tried many different types and the snoring always comes through!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,088 posts
72 reviews
87 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

I won't ask how you use the pillows to muffle your husband's snoring...:-) If pillows work, and you're used to them, what about buying a couple of them near your destination. Also, maybe get some of those nasal strips for your husband to see if that tones it down a bit.

L4

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
19,283 posts
30 reviews
42 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

Hahaha I am going to vote for packing an extra pillow !!!

Spain
Destination Expert
for Travel Gadgets and Gear, New Brunswick, Almeria
Level Contributor
9,291 posts
324 reviews
199 helpful votes
7. Re: Best Earplugs
Save

You might also consider that DH's snoring could be a symptom of sleep apnea.

8. Re: Best Earplugs

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:17
Get answers to your questions
USDUSD
Australia
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.