We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Topic
Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are both 18 and looking to go on a romantic overseas trip for 10 days-2 weeks during late November/ early december. We are from sydney (Australia) and were thinking somewhere with nice beaches, that combines a bit of relaxation, but with a little bit of a city aspect as we love shopping, and 10 days on the beach would a) get boring and b) we've both got very fair skin ;)

Budget is not an issue, just looking for ideas of cities or countries (English being the main language would be preferable, but is not essential) at the moment, nothing specific as of yet :) thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
181 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Good idea Stephi,

now you will get more answers than before because your request is on the mean forum for honeymoond destinations.

so i think i have given you my suggestions, as i hope others will offer you what's good and working out for you to enjoy it.

have fun,

Sandy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Might be a bit cliched for an Aussie, but you really can't beat Thailand for the vibe, the beaches, the food, and the people. Absolutely perfect time of year to go, as well.

oz.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
227 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

How about Hawaii? Honolulu has great beaches combined with great shopping and warm weather year-round.

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Thanks for your ideas guys :) I have heard Thailand is great, bur you're right, it's a touch cliched, every second person in australia has been to thailand. I was considering the u.s, especially since the dollar is so strong at the moment. Hawaii sounds perfect to me, but want to give the boyfriend a few options, what is L.A like at that time of year? And are the beaches good for swimming?

Sydney, Australia
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

Thanks for your ideas guys :) I have heard Thailand is great, bur you're right, it's a touch cliched, every second person in australia has been to thailand. I was considering the u.s, especially since the dollar is so strong at the moment. Hawaii sounds perfect to me, but want to give the boyfriend a few options, what is L.A like at that time of year? And are the beaches good for swimming? Boyfriend also said not Europe :) his dad lives over there and he said he wants to travel somewhere different for once :P

6. Re: Romantic trip for 18 yr old couple

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions