We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains in Europe

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Trains in Europe

Please I need HELP

I'm not from Europe and I dont know about train stations I have a 14 days trip to some cities in Europe and I want to travel from one city to the other by trains, can you help me with places of train stations?

1- Amesterdam to Brussels

2- Brussels to Disneyland? is there a train to disenyland? if there is no train what other options to go from brussels to disneyland?

3- After spending one night in Disneyland I will go back to Paris

4- Paris to Europa park (what will be the train station near Europa park?

5- Europa park to Zurich

6- Zurich to Geneva

I will leave from Geneva Airport

Please please help me with my plan

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains in Europe

1. Amsterdam Centraal to Brussel Zuid , book with www.nshispeed.nl, either regular IC train (2hrs 50mins) or Thalys high speed train (1hr 54mins)

2. Brussels to Disneyland (Marnee La Vallee station) using TGV high speed train, book with www.tgv-europe.com (about 2hrs)

4. not sure the best way for this. The nearest station is Offenburg. There is a special ticket from www.dbahn.de for this kind of travel

bahn.com/i/…

5. can't comment, perhaps some other TA expert can give you a better advice

6. book via www.sbb.ch

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,912 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains in Europe

On (5) it is probably best to head for Basel SBB station then on to Zurich.

You can check train times from Offenburg to Basel at www.reiseauskunft.bahn.de in several languages. Reservation not needed. Trains run about once each hour.

For Basel to Zurich check www.sbb.ch as for item 6.

Wichita, Kansas
Destination Expert
for Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains in Europe

If your concern is about train travel in general then:

1) Many major European cities have multiple stations so you need to be aware of the correct station.

Trains from Bruxelles-Midi station arrive at Paris-Nord station were you transfer to French RER Reseau Express Regional trains to Disneyland.

To get to Europa-Park you will depart from Paris Est station to Offenburg and then take a bus. You will take a bus back to Offenburg and then train to Zürich HB.

Zürich and Geneva have only one main station - Zürich HB and Geneve-Cornavin. There is train service from Geneve-Cornavin to the Geneve airport.

2) TGV and Thalys train fares include the mandatory seat reservations.

3) Use the overhead Departures board in the station main hall to find the correct platform from which the train will leave. 1st class coaches will have a 1 and 2nd class coaches a 2 on the side next to the door. Read the 'train make-up' board on the platform so you will know the order of your coach in the train-set. Additional information here:

www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap17/rail2.htm

4) You are always allowed to bring your own favorite food, snack and beverages on board the trains. Station have kiosks in the main hall or mini-Markts nearby. This will save money over the prices charged by a trolley cart or Bordrestaurant car.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
37,130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trains in Europe

You can check all connections for your itinerary with the DB timetable

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en

Start: Amsterdam Centraal

Destination: Brussels South Stn. (Bruxelles-Midi)

Destination: Paris Disneyland

Start: Paris Est

Destination: Europa-Park, Rust

Destination: Zuerich HB

Destination: Geneve-Aeroport

Closest train station to Europa-Park is Ringsheim station. From there you have buses to the Europa-Park. You can buy tickets from Paris Est to Ringsheim through the DB timetable. At Ringsheim you can buy from ticket machines or the bus driver a "TGO-Kombikarte Europa-Park (4 zones)" for EUR 37. Just EUR 1 more than the normal entrance fee but includes also the bus.

An alternative could be to buy tickets in advance just from Paris to Strasbourg (through www.tgv-europe.com) and buy in Strasbourg at the counter an "EUROPASS 24h" ticket (EUR 7,80). Covers the trip from Strasbourg to the Europa-Park. Strasbourg (CTS) and TGO network map (Europa-Park is in the south-west (lower left) corner of the TGO).

ortenaulinie.de/tgo_dateien/…202011.pdf

From Ringsheim to Zürich you can buy tickets again through the DB timetable.

For Zürich to Geneve use the www.sbb.ch Unlike with the above trips SBB does not offer discounts for buying (well) in advance.

Al Ain, United Arab...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trains in Europe

Thank you so much all you helped me a lot now the picture is clear for me thank you again

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
154 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trains in Europe

Extra Note: For any timetable queries, dont forget to check out http://www.Bahn.de. It covers the majority of train schedules in Europe.

New Delhi, India
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trains in Europe

after 7 day sin london ,we are planning to include

europa park for 3 days ,

paris for 5 days

disneyland paris for 2 days

we will be travelling by train and like to stay in rental apartments.

please suggest the best route and ways to travel --from where to get tickets and travel

appreciate help.

thanks

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,881 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trains in Europe

For Europa park look at a previous reply

tripadvisor.com.au/…35835006

For Disneyland Paris see

http://parisbytrain.com/paris-rer/

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trains in Europe

It is usually better to start a new post with a new question, but:

Look at a map - Europa Park is along way from London and it would probably be easiest to fly to Basle from London.

Do you really need 3 days at Europa Park? However you are close to the Black Forest area to see other things.

10. Re: Trains in Europe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:42