We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
31 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

On my upcoming trip to Germany I'm travelling from Frankfurt to Essen with a connection at Cologne, this was booked deliberately so I can travel via the scenic Rhine railway (experienced it once before and want to do it again).

Is it possible to view the train composition maps that are displayed on the platforms so I can try and get my allocated seats on both trains as close as possible (it's a cross platform change with about 5 mins between trains).

Arrive Cologne IC 2026 Plat 4 Change to ICE 518 Plat 5 on a Saturday.

Just trying to simplify the connection as much as possible if I can

4 replies to this topic
Bern, Switzerland
Level Contributor
558 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

In principle the information is availble for ICE trains (but not yet for IC...):

on the site of Deusche Bahn (bahn.de) make a timetable search for your trip for the current day (not the day of travel). select the train you want to use by clicking on "show details", then click on the train number (eg ICE 518) the "route information" of the train will then be displayed. Finally click on "coach sequence", select your station of departure: The train composition, platform and sectors will be displayed at last...

Yes it it complicated... anyone has an easier way ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
10,956 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

If you have the DB Navigator app on your phone, the composition for ICE train will be reported nearer to the date. This happened to me last December for my ICE train to Leipzig.

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
3,210 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

Do be aware that, in my opinion, any info other than the DB app is unreliable. Trains change directions more often than not. So the posted compositions on railway stations might not always be accurate.

Gyor, Hungary
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf

Google is your friend! :-)

"Wagenreihung IC 2026"

grahnert.de/fernbahn/reihung/r181-2000.pdf

Edited: 16 May 2018, 03:20
Reply to: Train Composition Maps for Cologne Hbf
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted