We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

San Rafael. calif
Level Contributor
32 posts
Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

Will be traveling from Amsterdam to Prague on Sunday Sept 2 by train..Do I need to get ticket

on line in advance or can I get it at Amsterdam a few days earlier.

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,521 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

The question is whether saving money is important for you, or you are one who may wish to change travel dates at the last moment.

While the Berlin to Prague sector cannot be booked that far in advance, the Amsterdam to Berlin sector is bookable now up to 26th August (which means in another week you can book for Sept2)

Prices are €39.90 to €69.90, against booking on the day (sept 2) of €126 to €139

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
8,925 posts
2. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

https:/…Amsterdam-Prague

Book the whole trip on one ticket on www.bahn.de, which you should be able to do from June 3d onwards.

San Rafael. calif
Level Contributor
32 posts
3. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

Will be traveling from Amsterdam to Prague on Sunday Sept 2 by train..Do I need to get ticket

on line in advance or can I get it at Amsterdam a few days earlier.

MY BAD GUYS....SORRY..SHOULD READ AMSTERDAM TO FRANKFURT ON Sunday Sept 2

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,521 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

" SORRY..SHOULD READ AMSTERDAM TO FRANKFURT "

Does not change the answer given, buy it online if you want to save money...

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
73,932 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

You don't need to buy in advance. You will probably have no problem getting a ticket if you rock up to Amsterdam Centraal half an hour before the train leaves, never mind a couple of days beforehand. But you will pay a lot for the privilege.

Teignmouth, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
6. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

I had a look at available train for the 2nd Sept and there are engineering track Work takes between Köln and Frankfurt with services terminating at Köln. To continue your journey you might have to travel via Rhine route via Koblenz or bus will take you towards Frankfurt. I can’t confirm so I suggest asking someone who lives in Germany to help or contact Deutsche Bahn for assistance

Chester,England
Level Contributor
1,488 posts
73 reviews
7. Re: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt

Dok,

My preference would be to go via the Rhine Valley route always.

You will see the river, castles and vineyards along the route.Just put Koblenz into the German Rail planner.The journey takes 2.5 hours, give or take a few minutes, but it's much nicer than an hour of noise fences and tunnels, which is what you would see on the high speed route.

Reply to: Train from Amsterdam to Frankfurt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted