We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train

I'm trying to book seats for 2 adults and 2 kids on the Ave train from Madrid to Barcelona on the Renfe site. I selected Tourista Mesa seats and selected "select seats" on the page with passport and contact info and the next page is showing me the Mesa seats available on the train (i believe its the S103) but only allowing me to select two seats for some reason and not four even though all four seats are available. What do I do?

Also I would love recommendations as to which Coche is best (choices are 4,5,7,8,9,10,11 being closest to front) Coche 5 seems to not have bathrooms next to the seats which my husband thinks might be good - also which Coche is closest to the food/cafe and do all mesa seats have luggage rack nearby and where are they located on the train car?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Durham, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train

Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,117 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train

I can't help you, sorry, but this will bumpy your question back up the page.

I've only used the Renfe website once, and to be honest, I found it all a bit of a challenge. I had no issue selecting seats, though, the problems were in finding the right train and the right fare!

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train

As far as I know Renfe is the only site that offers Tourista Mesa tickets.

Normally Loco2 would be the website of choice when booking Spanish train tickets. They are linked to the Renfe reservation system and much easier to use.

You could try a few dummy bookings.

You can see what seats you have been allocated by looking in the shopping basket. Hopefully it might offer you something together. If not leave the tickets in basket and try another booking.

If you get what you want simply remove the unwanted seats.

Let us know how you get on..

Reply to: Madrid to Barcelona - Picking seats on Renfe AVE train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted