We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Topic
Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

Hi everyone,

Hoping one of you sages can help me, please. I have read on several threads on various forums that it is possible to buy a carnet of t+ tickets at St Parcras prior to travel, but does anyone know actually where I but them from?

I also read that you can but them on board eurostar, but I really want to buy them at St Pancras if possible as I am not travelling to Paris on Eurostar, but will end there (via Thalys) before returning home on Eurostar from Paris, which will obviously not help.

Helpful replies most appreciated.

Thanks all x

11 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
56,847 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

They certainly used to sell them on board Eurostar but it's a while since I had to know.

Sorry I don't know at all if they can be purchased at St Pancras.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

I believe they sell them (or used to, I haven't looked recently) at the information desk on the far right-hand side of the Eurostar waiting room after you have got through security and passport control. This means that they are only available to people who are ABOUT to travel on Eurostar (whether or not to Paris), and who have passed through Eurostar check-in etc. to reach the secure area.

Edited: 12 May 2018, 09:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

You can buy mail order in advance here:

https:/…12-paris-metro-tickets

I’ve never done it or know anyone who has.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,064 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

If you buy at St Pancras or on the Eurostar, you pay about 50% more than buying in Paris. There is currently a rant on the Paris forum about this.

The web site linked in reply #3 charges £15.20 plus £3.50 for postage. So a total of £18.70 (€21.20) for something costing €14.10 in Paris.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

qaminari,

That was the answer I was looking for, thank you very much. I now know where to look.

Thanks to the rest of you too x

Colin, that looks a handy site, thank you.

Sydneynick,I realise about that extra cost,and have read the thread on the Paris forum but to be honest, it'll save time and be easier if I can get in advance, so would be worth a few pounds supplement.

Thanks x

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,329 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

If you're happy to pay more than you need to, then it's fine to buy the metro tickets in London or on the train. The ones I bought worked fine, but I wasn't happy when I found out how much more I'd paid for them compared to buying in Paris!

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

Yes it is fine, Rojblake, and no I wont be buying them on the train - as I am not getting the eurostar train to Paris, but I am going to try the site mentioned by Colin in post 3, thank you.

As for the mark up, it is worth a few pounds for me in convenience, if it was a 50% mark up on a hundred pounds or more, sure, I wouldnt do it, but its only a few pounds, and will help me in my personal situation.

I will report back as to how swift, or otherwise, on receipt.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,329 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

There's nothing to disagree with in your post, juejosh! I look forward to seeing how it goes with that site :-)

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

Just had an email, along with Royal Mail tracking number, saying tickets are on their way to me, so looking positive thus far x

Edited: 15 May 2018, 23:34
liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras

Tickets arrived at 11am this morning, safe and sound; came in a lovely package, along with map, metro and bus map, and plenty of vouchers from shops and services in paris - not that we need them, but some people might.

I did take a picture of the package, but cant see how I would be able to upload it here, c'est la vie x

Thanks to Colin, for the advice x

Reply to: Buying a t+ carnet at St Pancras
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted