We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

Hi all,

Purchased 2 tickets a few weeks back from Florence to Venice in July.

Departing at 10:54AM and Arriving at 1:00PM, train number 8932.

Received an email advising that:

due to operational reasons we changed your seat assignment on board of Italo 8932.

Time of departure and arrival will not change.

They moved us to different seats, and we are not even together now!

So, when I checked the web site, I noticed that the train does not even come up any more, in fact, the last one is on the 9th of June.

What have they done with it?

What do they do for those already booked?

I also need to change my seats, the web site has no email addresses for contact?

I am curious as to what is going on. Any ideas?

4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,301 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

No, the train is still scheduled, but not for sale for some reason. The only thing you could do is to come one or two days before to their service centre, to get new seat assignments. I had to do exactly the same thing last Jan in Florence, they changed the carriage set.

Quainton, United...
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
9,210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

Just a guess:

Italo may be swapping one of their original Italo AGV trainsets with one of their brand-new Italo Pendolino trainsets on this departure, so seat numbers need to be amended.

https:/…

https:/…agv-575.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

Man_in_Seat_61.

Love you site BTW - Been sitting on it religiously for the last 2 months!

I did read about the new trains earlier, but didn't think of that as an option. Would be nice to go on one of those trains.

Interestingly, the train Florence-Venice actually originates out of Rome. As mentioned, perhaps the new train is going on that route,and that scheduled time not re-released. Strangely, the other departure times are there, just that one service that I happened to book is gone. Maybe it will come back again once they have re-assigned all the seats on the current bookings.

Edited: 10 May 2018, 20:57
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice

I just read on another thread that the timetable change happens on the 9th June, which fits in with what I wrote in my initial post. So i just checked it now, and sure enough, it is back again, with a train change to an EVO.

So Man_in_Seat_61 was correct, new trains being deployed.

Any idea what email address I can use to request a seat change?

Reply to: ItaloTreno - Florence to Venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted