We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

trinidad
Level Contributor
16 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

Going on a business trip to the Far East and China in March from Miami. I am going to Kuala Lumpur , then to Singapore, then to Guanghzou, China. Each place for five days. Travel must be in business Class.

Looking for some help on booking tickets at reasonable prices.

Should I go to an agency or purchase RTW.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
29,957 posts
1,361 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

Look on www.skyscanner.net for best deals & then book direct with the airline of your choice.

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
19,109 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

Also, ask your question on the Air Travel forum, where there are plenty of knowledgeable folk. They can advise on where to find best deals, prices, route options, subjective views of each airline, etc.

Also, once you've decided your route and airline(s), sign up for all their FF programs to get your points, of course.

SWT

Edited: 21 February 2012, 06:57
Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

skyscanners opnly show economy class fares??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,809 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

Skyscanners can show you who flies where, then you look at pricing on the airline sites.

If I was doing your routing, then I'd probably look first to Singapore Airlines, branching off to other Star alliance airlines... but from your location...

I'd probably do MIA-IAH connecting to former Continental metal in IAH to go non-stop to NRTin businessfirst... it is a much better seat than you'll get most other places. You can connect in NRT to ANA to go to KUL or use Singapore as a base for the first part of the trip.. RTW in business would likely save you some money, as would catching a plane to the west coast and doing a circle pacific fare.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,441 posts
487 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

I use kayak.com (or their iPhone App) to find out the routing and my preferred flights and then either book online or go through a travel agent.

For the long haul, yes, choose according to your preferred FQTV program. And it will probably be worth to buy a return ticket. You would for instance fly to SIN and return and to the other legs from SIN. It will add one leg but would most probably reduce a lot your total cost. And you might want to consider flying East (via Europe): slightly longer but one stop instead of minimum 2 from MIA.

Agree furthermore with GeoMedic: do consider also RTW tickets.

And in your case, I think I would go through an international travel agent as the trip is actually quite complex (international because you want to have a help number in Asia).

6. Re: Business Class to Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:18