We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single travel to Thailand on June

Guangzhou, China
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Single travel to Thailand on June

I want to visit Thailand by myself on June, can anyone give me good tips or some information on internet? many thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Thailand in June, you may get a better response by posting a specific question on the Thai forum.

However, if you had to pick a country to travel solo you couldn’t find a better place than Thailand. Okay in June you are on the cusp of the rain season but don’t let that put you off.

You can walk into any bookshop, the world over, and easily find a range of books on Thailand. It is one of those places I would strongly recommend that you take the train down south, where you will meet other solo travellers - guaranteed to find a decent conversation, with some interesting people, along the way.

Santa Cruz, Bolivia
Level Contributor
32 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Great tips from screensilver,

Your best bet is buying a book (lonely planet, footprint, rough guide, or moom) and reading. Lonely Plant is by far the most common and dose have the better maps. your going to get the book read away and plan your own trip from what you want out of the holiday. south for beaches sun and islands, or north to the interesting villages even better food and stroking tigers. just sitting and eating in the in the streets with the food stalls and your going to get talking to heaps of people. I love Thai land. Wish i was going.

You want a website for inspiration then check out tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-Destinatio…

Hope this helps and have a great time.

Simon B

www.backpackersbackpacking.co.uk

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,851 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Have to agree with Screensilver and Simon B. get yourself a good guidebook. Thailand has so much to offer (depending on what you want from your trip) that your head could fairly spin! Cooking/adventure/architecture/shopping/culture/beaches? There are so many destinations within Thailand itself, it is difficult to give specific information about what to see and do.

Is there a specific reason why you want to visit Thailand? Are you hoping to travel at a particular time of year?

Do you want general information about Thailand, or do you have questions/ concerns about travelling solo in Thailand?

If you provide more information about your intentions, then other posters may be in a better position to advise you.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Thanks for the tips! I too am travelling to Thailand in June; 4 days Phuket, 4 days Bangkok, and have some island tours booked, but I am curious about the nightlife for a single female traveller. Any ideas? is Bangkok better than Phuket for that type of stuff?

Lisbon
Level Contributor
678 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Hi,

I would suggest you get a good book. I took Rough Guide and it was ok. I didn't actually liked Puhket but I enjoyed a lot the islands of Koh Tao, Koh Samui and Koh Phangnan. Ayuttaya north of Bangkok is a nice place to visit. There are trains going there but I ended going by car.

Bangkok is a nice city with many temples and good to spend 2 or 3 days.

Be prepared to bargain, be aware taxis in Bangkok are much cheaper than Tuk Tuk's unless you have a particular gift for barganing.

Thailand is globally safe and filled with tourists so a good choice to feel welcome and mingle with people.

Have fun!

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
535 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

Travelled all around Bangkok on my own, using the river taxis , trains and tuk tuks. Very easy with a good map. Go to wat Pho to see the gold reclining Buddha and get foot massage! Also, see the Jim Thomson house and buy some beautiful silk. Cowboy Sui at night is a wild place, but still safe. See the night markets and great paces to eat! Have fun.

7. Re: Single travel to Thailand on June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:16
Get answers to your questions