We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribbean

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Caribbean

I am looking for an adult only resort that is single friendly. Beach a must!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,128 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caribbean

Caribbean is VERY big and there are tons of AO - AI resorts that are single friendly. It would be helpful if you shared more about what you are looking for? What are your interests? When are you going and for how long? Any budget limitations? Have you gotten a short list of places developed? Help us by narrowing down...

Edited: 02 April 2012, 03:13
Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caribbean

I'm looking for a resort that is not too big and must be on the beach. Not looking to sight see or lots of activities just chill on the beach/pool. Probably stay 4 or 5 nights and my dates are open but I am looking to travel later this month/early next month.

I was in PR last month and loved it. Looking to try a different island this time.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,128 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caribbean

So, it needs to be an "island" - that's already helpful, since I was also considering Mexico and Costa Rica or Belize.

Norwalk, Connecticut
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caribbean

I have been to Cancun but yes Mexico is a possibility. Any suggestions for a resort that is adults only/geared towards singles?

Bay Village, Ohio
Level Contributor
874 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caribbean

Check out Isla Mujeres Mexico a small Island near Cancun. Very laid back quiet island. You can circle the island in a hour on a golf cart. Depending upon budget, there are some nice small boutique type hotels and resorts. You get a sunrise on the eastern side of the island and four blocks to the west you get great sunsets. There is a small downtown area with restaurants and shops. I went solo and never felt out of place or uncomfortable. Since it's close to Cancun it's easy to get to.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,185 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caribbean

St Barth FWI - if you're going after 4/15 the rates will drop substantially. No "resorts" but very few people bring children there except during Christmas and Easter. The nightlife is very adult, but you really need a car to get to the best of it. Emeraude Plage or Village St Jean are 2 great hotels near a beach with restaurants, nightlife and shops - probably the only place on the island you can get away with not having a car. Village St Jean is up the hill overlooking the most beautiful view - and they have a gorgeous pool. Emeraude Plage is right on the beach.

I also liked Bonaire, but didnt stay where there was a beach. The Divi there is nice and on a beach and walking distance to town.

Any of the areas around Cancun are excellent. I havent been to Isla in years, but often go to Playa del Carmen, Tulum. Spent some time in Xcalak (maybe too rustic and too far of a schlep) - I love that part of Mexico. You might as well be on an island, but it's not St Barth!

suitcaseready.com

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
19,595 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caribbean

Also consider Club Med Turks and Caicos. It's a combination of couples and singles, adults only, and the buffet restaurant has many larger shared tables, which encourages socializing at dinner (vs sitting alone at a table for two). A hostess seats you, so there is no awkwardness about asking to join strangers.

8. Re: Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 10:42