We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

3 posts
Save Topic
Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

Hi ,will like to know if is cheaper to go free n easy 8days tokyo n Hokkaido for 2 adults 1 kid?Roughly how much will it be for the whole trip including air tickets, hotels n foods? Is it easy to travel by our own or follow tour package will be better ? I don't like the rushing of time when on holiday. Any advise on which place should i travel first ?Thank for the help;)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

Have you tried pricing this out on your own? Only you can answer some of your questions as to what is better.

I don't know what "free n easy" is, sorry.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,044 posts
5,329 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

Birdnestlim

This seems a question best asked on the Japan TA forum(s) where local destination experts (DEs) can help answer your question. Here is the link to that forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294232-i525-Japan…

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

Yes, could be cheaper and you can go exactly where you want. Japan's railway service is second to none and if you get a Japan Rail Pass before leaving your country, you'll save heaps of money. Check out the fare for a round trip to Hokkaido and see if it's cheaper to get a one-week pass. I did that and was able to travel wherever I wanted. You need to check out reviews of the hotels you're booking where possible.

If you're unsure about making your own travel plans, then take a package. With Japan, the transportation system is superb so it is easy to get around on your own.

Midwest
Level Contributor
842 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

Don't know that I would try to do Tokyo AND Hokkaido in just eight days, especially with a child. If you are planning on spending most of your time in Hokkaido, however... better. How about 1.5 hours by air vs 15/16 by rail though? Not that expensive...

Ditto posting in the Japan forums, particularly Hokkaido, for more info.

Yoroshiku.

5. Re: Is it cheaper to go free n easy 8days Tokyo n Hokkaido?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 07:15