We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone ever used Faregeek.com for Hotels?

Mtl
Level Contributor
17 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone ever used Faregeek.com for Hotels?

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has ever used Faregeek.com to book hotel rooms, if so how was your experience? Is your credit card charged right away, or only when you check out from the hotel? I'm looking for hotels in Paris, and they are giving me the total rates in Euro and there is a note saying that I will only be charged once I check out from the hotel, so I'm also wondering if that is the exact amount that I will be charged (obviously converted at the effective EUR/CAD rate) or will they be adding hidden fees / taxes too? I'm just curious b/c if I convert the rate they give me, there is a big difference with the rates from Hotels.com and Expedia. They seem to have good deals but I've never used that website before and I just don't want to have any bad surprises while I'm in Europe, like being overcharged or even worse show up and find out there is no reservation under my name..!

Thanks for your help

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,089 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone ever used Faregeek.com for Hotels?

They use the booking dotcom reservation system. I never heard of faregeek.

I would not use an unknown for a European booking. It's a long ways from home. There may be a savings using faregeek but if things go bad the cost could be great.

Edited: 28 February 2012, 06:24
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,619 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone ever used Faregeek.com for Hotels?

You can read a host of threads on this forum from other posters asking about 'unknown' online (third-party) travel service providers. A growing, if not general consensus is that you should consider these with extreme caution for a wide range of reasons.

My advise is to stay away from companies that have not established a credible industry reputation, backed by years of experience and unbiased, independently provided consumer feedback to forums such as this one. Only then can you decide if the company is 'real' and capable of delivering the travel related services are you are expecting. If you can't find feedback (or at minimum some reviews), I feel its best to give them a pass and reconsider them a year or two later. If they are the real deal, they will still be in business and you can consider using them at that point in time.

3. Re: Anyone ever used Faregeek.com for Hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 05:40