We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelsoon.com

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Travelsoon.com

We have just returned from our weeks holiday at the Sheraton Algarve hotel from 17th September to the 24th September 2011, we booked this holiday with “Travelsoon.com” on 15th June 2011 with a Sea View room on full board and received written confirmation from their agents as listed dated 11th July 2011:-

• Freedom Travel Group Confirmation Invoice

• Somewhere2stay.com Hotel room and Board Confirmation

• Resorthoppa.com Transfers Confirmation

• Jet2.com Flights Confirmation

We received a telephone call at lunch time on 14th September from a girl from Travelsoon.com (I did not get here name) informing us that the Sheraton Hotel had double booked and there were no rooms available.

We are in our mid sixties with me retiring last year, we have travelled to the Algarve over the years a number of times and obviously love the place and we are very aware of the hotels and resorts in the Algarve and had splashed out on a one off holiday to the Sheraton.

The girl that rang us on the 14th was obviously well versed it this sort off situation and attempted to offer us some supposedly similar 5 star hotel or an apartment in the Sheraton Pine Cliff resort at additional costs.

As our conversation got more heated she switched into here rehearsed mode and said she would hang up and ring later to arrange alternative accommodation, I requested a full refund on the £1800 plus we had paid, this she said was not possible as the Flights and Transfers were none refundable, then she hung up.

I phoned the Sheraton Algarve Direct and talked to the Reservation manager Miguel Cunha who was very understanding and helpful, he informed us that Travelsoon.com only contacted the hotel on 4th August 2011 and they were informed that day no rooms were available.

I then phoned the girl at Travelsoon.com and informed here of this and asked why we had only been informed 2 days before flying when Travelsoon.com new there were no rooms at the beginning of August and why did they only contact the hotel in August when we booked in June, her reply was to blame the agents now and not the hotel.

From that point I have lost total believe in this girl and needed to rescue our holiday, the only option available with the flights and transfers none refundable was believe it or not to pay Travelsoon.com more money for the Sheraton Apartment, this cost an additional £86 for a Deluxe Townhouse Apartment adjacent the Sheraton Hotel.

I then phoned the Sheraton hotel to confirm this had happened as I had no belief in what Travelsoon.com stated, the Apartment was confirmed.

I then did a full search on the Internet on the Deluxe Townhouse Apartments and to our horror we found reviews that sounded awful and that these apartments were privately owned and were dark, dingy and dated and were nowhere near the standards of the Sheraton and the Residence Apartments owned by the hotel.

I then emailed Miguel Cunha the Sheraton Hotel reservations manager with what we had booked and our concerns on the quality of the privately owned Townhouse apartments, he put our minds totally at rest and said due to the situation we had been put in he would put us in one of the Sheraton Hotel owned Residence 2 bedroom 5 star suites adjacent to the Golf course at no additional costs, this brought tears to my wife’s eyes, this apartment was superb but would of cost us a lot more but for Miguel.

The end line to this expensive horror tale is beware when dealing with Travelsoon.com (part of the Co-op I was told by them when booking) and if you must, confirm that your bookings are in place. I found it very distasteful dealing with Travelsoon.com when things went pear shaped and to take additional monies 2 days before travelling when they know you have no other options is surly illegal or maybe deliberate.

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelsoon.com

Hasn't this been on here once already?

Puzzled?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,623 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelsoon.com

Spamming the board...it belongs once, not 5 or 6 times in different forums.

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelsoon.com

Yes, but multi posted, sorted now.

London, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelsoon.com

but are you not posting the same thing all over this forum??

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,862 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelsoon.com

The OP had a number of threads he started removed as they were duplicated across a number of boards - of course this is banned as spamming.

I also saw a post from the OP stating that he intended to post the same thing over all boards.

A number of posters on here and another travel website have attempted to explain the difference between a package holiday and a dynamic package.

They have also attempted to point out where the problem lies but it seems that dub64 still insists it is Travelsoon who are at fault.

OP, I would advise you to be really careful not to bring down legal action on yourself by this persistant posting about a travel company in the public domain

6. Re: Travelsoon.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 October 2011, 01:35