We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

otel.com - anyone tried?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
otel.com - anyone tried?

Hi guys,

I found a website called otel.com and am interested in booking from it, but i'm not sure how legit this website is.

Has anyone tried booking from them, and if so, what's the experience like?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

I think if you try searching the forums you will find quite a few reports of people who have used them.

ktown

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,636 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

Pull up this search link:

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
7,321 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

Yes - I used them before; mainly used by French-speaking people; not too many complaints on the net... Similar to booking.com or venere....

1. Always read their conditions (small print....)

2. Check if the same rate could be negotiated by booking directly

3. Google Complaints against + name of the co.

4. Make up your own mind; take an insurance....

Half of the "complaints" on bargain forum would disappear if most people did their own checking first.....

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

I have tried. Forget it. They charge "commissions change" though the price given is "all taxes and charges included".......

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
549 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

I've used them a couple of times. No one , not even the hotels I booked could match their rates. Read all the restrictions and know that even though they themselves may not charge transaction fees your credit card might. I got a Capital one card just to avoid these fees. I'm a big fan of Otel.com, but I read the fine print first and knew about all the fees including cancellation policies

London, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

I had an awful experience with this company. Their customer service is awful too. They only let you pay my credit card not debit (maybe they get part of the fee). I saw a good rate and so booked a room yesterday for my parents, today I received an email from them to say that they had cancelled my room because the credit card owner was not staying in the accommodation. Apparently someone from their Istanbul office was supposed to call me and verify my booking, but as the Istanbul office is closed on a Saturday this didn’t happen and they just cancelled my booking!! I called immediately to be told that I could book again but at a higher price. Now I am stuck with no hotel and prices have shot up. Truly shocking service, shame on them!!

7. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2012, 00:26
Edited: 19 March 2012, 00:26
Istanbul
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

Hi derichon

Thank you for your post.

Can you please let me have your booking tracking number so I can look into this for you.

Caroline

Customer Care Manager

9. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 March 2012, 00:27
Istanbul
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: otel.com - anyone tried?

Thank you for your booking tracking number derichon

I see that my colleague Jana has been dealing with your online query.

Because your booking was confirmed to our company this is very disappointing to see especially since the hotel assured us that this was resolved.

I can confirm that I have made the immediate refınd from our side. Should you need any fuerther assistance please reply through your query so we can assist you straightaway

Caroline

Customer Care Manager