We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Cost Holidays the company

england
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
128 reviews
Cheap Cost Holidays the company

Looking at a holiday to Hurghada via the Holiday Discount Centre web site and have avoided the Cheers 2 Sun prices, thanks to this site and Trust Pilot but am coming up with a realistic price for a holiday with this company Cheap Cost Holidays, cant find anything on the web about them, has anyone had any dealings with them and if so what comments can you offer regarding service etc.

7 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
98,189 posts
17 reviews
1. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

Trust Pilot is not to be trusted. The New Zealand consumer authorities have busted it for taking payments to boost ratings.

If you cannot find any reviews of a company on the Internet, avoid it.

london
Level Contributor
834 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

There are also many stories of sweat shops in the far east posting multiple fake reviews for companies

Trust Pilot is not complicate it this. It just has inadequate mechanisms for stopping it.

to the OP.

Egypt is a cheap place to go to right now. Everyone should be offering you great deals. Just compare with some of the prices that the market leaders are offering to see what sort of deal you can get.

and then ask yourself. Is booking with a company that I have never heard of worth the risk?

Newport, Wales...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
3. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

I took a trip to Hurghada in May through this company. They told me that the hotel was beautiful (after informing me that they had sold my verbal 'booked' from 2 hours previous ). Literally worst hotel I've stayed in (panorama bungalows & aqua park HURGHADA ). Wether this is the company fault. ...but definitely mis sold the holiday & I won't be using them or tv travel channel again

Kingston-upon-Hull...
1 post
4. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

Have just had an absolutely worst time booking holiday in my life!!!! AVOID AT ANY COST!!!! Don't even know where to start!!! First i call them and tell them about the interest in booking 2 separate apartments for the hotel which they advertise for £339pp the agent check the cost and says the total cost is £1782 which is £445.5pp i immediatelly wanted to hang up however the agent advised that they can make a discount and do a holiday for 410pp which i though is still ok so i have agreed gave all the details and the NIGHTMARE has begun. At the and of the reservetion they tell us it is going to be only 1 apartment they will be putting as all 4 in!!!! i wanted to cancel the booking however they straight away tell that you have to pay cancellation fee of £49pp which is redicilous i was so annoyed they have started treating you absolutely crap. They have offered to put 2 of us to separate apartment for an additional cost of £188 to the £1640 that we have agreed, by giving me option to either cancel with the fee or pay addition, so i decided to pay £188. They asked me to pay deposit of £500 i paid. The day after they send me invoice where the total cost of holiday is £2328!!!!! Now i'm currently trying get a hold of them to cancel the holiday but customer service is not picking up the phone !!! have been ringing for 4h since morning!! AVOID at any cost!!! WARNING WARNING WARNING!!! I dont know what fraud they are doing here. but this looks like I will need to go through court now!!! ABSOLUTELY AVOID!!!!!!!!!!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,042 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

This is classic behaviour form a company that just wants people to contact them by phone so that they can be lured into a trap.

'Hey, sorry, but that superduper price isn't available any more, but instead we can giva you an almost as superduper deal, just £71pp more'.

Then, once you've committed yourself you find out the truth. It's nowhere near what you expected, but it's too late because you've already agreed to everything.

If you go to court you'll need to have supporting evidence of some kind, oitherwise it's just your word against theirs.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
6. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

Would stay away from them like the plague. I have just returned from a holiday in Hurghada booked by this company and it has to be the worst I’ve ever booked.

Was supposed to be 5 star but I can assure you it was no higher than 2 star.

Rooms, pools, food where appalling so much I cut my holiday short as couldn’t survive on the crap that was being served up. Harassed by guests, and a member of staff from the pharmacy was sacked due to sexual harassment.

The hotel I stayed in was the Makadi Bay resort, Hurghada . I’ve visited Egypt around 30 times as I’m a scuba diver and thought booking into a 5star would give me a little more comfort...I was so wrong.

Stay away from this company. I have complained since returning home and they don’t want to know, they brush you off with an email from the hotel provider which is sun hotel saying there’s plenty food and great standards there.

I’m used to 3 to 4 star hotels as diving holidays are just about sleeping , showering and getting some food. Any other hotel I’ve stayed in is been at 5star level compared to this repulsive hole.. Makadi bay resort hotel is to be avoided at all costs and so is cheap cost holidays.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,042 posts
478 reviews
7. Re: Cheap Cost Holidays the company

That sounds most unpleasant all round. Tell me, though, do you rely on star ratings as an indication of quality? In my experience they are based on facilities/features, and should not be regarded as n indication of how good those might be, or how well the hotel is run.

Obviously, there are lots of very good 4 and 5 star hotels, but I've also been to not so good ones. Conversely, while there are rubbish 1 and 2 star hotels, I've also stayed at some excellent ones.

That's why I always read reviews and look at travellers photo's before making a decision on where to stay.

Reply to: Cheap Cost Holidays the company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted