We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Otel.com terrible customer service

1 post
Save Topic
Otel.com terrible customer service

When I booked the hotel I have selected the correct dates for my stay, buen when the confirmation came through my email, the dates were different. Then, I called customer service and also message them via Otel.com website to please correct the issue and I have not been able to fix the issue. They reply my message with the message:

Greetings from otel.com

Kindly note that we don't have direct contract with the hotel and there is a 3rd party between us.

In this case we need you to provide us a written confirmation from the hotel which indicates that they agree to make the amendment.

Otherwise we won't be able to process.

Thank you,

If you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact with us"

I followed their recommendation and spoke with the hotel, but the problem is that they can't modify the reservation because I did not booked directly with them...

In conclusion, the only part that can solve my issue is Otel.com and they are being negligent about it.

2 replies to this topic
South of England
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Otel.com terrible customer service

I believe what Otel.com are saying and require is that you contact the hotel and ask for their agreement that the booking reservation dates can be changed. They will need this as written confirmation so email is best. From this, you forward it to Otel.com and they will (hopefully) make the reservation adjustment.

Edited: 11 May 2018, 17:22
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,082 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Otel.com terrible customer service

This is anothjer good reason not to do business wiht any booking site that doesn't have a direct relationship with the hotels they list.

Reply to: Otel.com terrible customer service
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted