We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't upload a new photo

Gualala, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Can't upload a new photo

I have tried to upload a photo for my profile, but after selecting one using the Browse and then clicking Update, the file path disappears and the old photo is still there. I attempting to upload a JPEG image of less than 100kb. Very frustrating.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't upload a new photo

Hi GualalMarcus,

Welcome to the Forums.

Have a look at the photo properties on this link:

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_kinds_of_photograph…

If you've followed those guidelines and your profile picture won't load, I'd suggest you contact TA Staff for assistance. Have a look at this link:

tripadvisor.ca/help/how_do_i_change_my_tripa…

You'll see: Didn't answer your question? Contact us. I'd suggest you click on the blue Contact us and ask for TA Staff assistance.

L4

gyantse
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't upload a new photo

We have attempted many times to upload just ONE photo but failed. We have registered as business owners initially and the name of our hotel is up on TA but we did not load any suitable photo then. Several days later, we managed to get the correct photo size required and attempted to upload just this ONE photo but failed again. Yes, we followed the guidelines of the size required to upload photo but the system continues to send us to a page that requires our credit card details and to make payment of USD100.

We are given to understand this is a free business listing and we could edit accordingly.

We would appreciate your kind assistance to assist and hope to get our one photo uploaded for our hotel business. Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't upload a new photo

I'm a member here and not a staff member. Are you sure it's not asking for your CC to make a $1.00 charge? I'm wondering if you're being prompted to do the newish verification process first.

…tripadvisor.com/pdfs/email/HTG_OwnerVerific…

Here's some more business owner information:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

L4

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't upload a new photo

In order to verify as owner/management TA will place a USD 1 reservation on the card in order to confirm its validity and your identity, but any actual charge will never be made .

Edited: 18 May 2012, 16:35
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't upload a new photo

Thanks for the clarification Hans.

L4

Gualala, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't upload a new photo

I'm not an "owner", just a regular member posting reviews. I can only select the stock photos.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
62,465 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't upload a new photo

GualalaMarcus

Did you try to contact TripAdvisor staff using the webpage LuckyFour suggested in Reply 1?

Another idea would be to try to upload a different photo of another size. You don't have to keep this photo/avatar, but it might help you to know if it's possible to upload any photo from your computer.

TA member 'tsering Z' is new and didn't know that he was supposed to create his own thread so his answers wouldn't get mixed up with answers for you. Thanks for you patience as folks learn all about TripAdvisor features.

Last comment ~ welcome to TripAdvisor forums. My grandmother retired to Gualala and enjoyed living there for many years; it was a fabulous place to visit. You're the first Gualala person I've seen on TripAdvisor forums!

Gualala, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can't upload a new photo

Thanks, did all the things you recommended. The link to TA help just gets you to the general help area and there is no actual Help contact for TA - just tell us what would make us better, which I did.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can't upload a new photo

In Post #1, the first link tells you about the kinds of photos you can upload. The second link in the first post tells you how to contact TripAdvisor Staff to ask them for assistance if the first link wasn't helpful. You need to click on the link and then you'll see: Didn't answer your question? Contact us. I'd suggest you click on the blue Contact us and ask for TA Staff assistance.

L4

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
10. Re: Can't upload a new photo

Can you try deleting your cookies and then uploading the photo? If that does not work you can contact us via this link:

www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs…