We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Separate accounts for separate owners?

Miami, Florida...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Separate accounts for separate owners?

I have two email accounts on TripAdvisor; each one is supposed to handle a separate business. However, both my businesses are registered in both accounts. I need one account per business, yet there's a duplicate in each. How can I delete a business in one of the accounts so each account get one business alone? URGENT, thank you

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
69,613 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

Hi MayaTapas;

Having more that one TA account is a violation of the "Terms or Use".

tripadvisor.ca/help/i_have_two_tripadvisor_a…

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
58,895 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

RT

Is that strictly true though as you do have people that work for a resort and answer question on behalf of that resort and they also have a personal TA account

I also know of some resort staff that answer questions on behalf of more than one resort and they have different accounts for each

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, TripAdvisor Support
Level Contributor
69,613 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

Hi FFM;

In my experience on this forum, the HUMTAB forum, and the Owners’ Forum, or any of the destination forums, I have never seen TA staff comment otherwise.

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
58,895 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

I have never either

I think Sylvia raised it once and said as I have done that it does happen

Perhaps TA could respond and give their views

Edited: 08 February 2012, 04:18
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

Knowing violations happen doesn't it change the policy. Just like speeding - pointing out to the officer that other cars are speeding isn't going to get you out of a ticket.

To the op, I would suggest you merge the accounts and just use one of them. A single user account can manage any number of listings.

As this is the support forum, we should be recommending ways to work within the current policies. If you want to advocate for change of a policy - post you're suggestion in HUMTAB.

Edited: 08 February 2012, 04:29
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
20,940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

from the number of times the question How do i combine my accounts coems up on these forums it is pretty obvious that many people have more than one account.

i until recenly had 2 accounts and forgot all about one until i got an email based on it from TA.

one was set up on my homecomputer as Unclegus,one on my works computer as unclrgus a very obvious Typo, so it is easy enough to do.

I too would like to hear clear policy from TA on this subject.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
58,895 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

Noah

"Knowing violations happen doesn't it change the policy"

My point is not to advocate that people should be working outside the guidelines but rather to clarify if TA did allow people to have a business & personal sign on for instance

"A single user account can manage any number of listings"

Would that allow the user to have a personalised name for each listing as they may want this or need it to declare who they were

Edited: 08 February 2012, 04:38
Miami, Florida...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

Ok, Thanks for the replies, but I think we're missing the point here. I have authorized representatives that handle both of these accounts. What I want is for each account to have a single business under it, and not have both businesses in both accounts. That way they can get out of each other's ways. How do I delete a business from an account?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

You cannot do that yourself. Each person would have to request the other listing be removed from their account, through the management center.

If you they need help in how to do thai, please have them post for help in the owners forum.

Thanks.

10. Re: Separate accounts for separate owners?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2013, 19:28