We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

website makeover

Seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
website makeover

i've been looking for the 'contact us' link but can't find it and this is an example of what i'm talking about. your website layout is very cluttered and not intuitive. it's time for a makeover. i was just trying to post some general info about san juan del sur, nicaragua but when i went to forums i couldn't find a box that said, 'share your experience about....' i would also suggest a standard package of info that comes up with any destination, hotel or service. first, a map of the exact location of the chosen item. thats the most common initial question. where is it. from there you should have a standardized set of info links all in one box. not spread out all over the page.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,082 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: website makeover

Welcome to the Support Forum!

Sorry, I can't support your idea of another site makeover. This is one thing that TripAdvisor seems to be doing often -- overhauling entire areas only to confuse members even more.

"i was just trying to post some general info about san juan del sur, nicaragua but when i went to forums i couldn't find a box that said, 'share your experience about....' i"

If you want to share your experience in the forums, then click on Ask a Question -- it'll create a new forum post. It's named as it is because most people who visit the forum ask questions.

"i would also suggest a standard package of info that comes up with any destination, hotel or service. first, a map of the exact location of the chosen item. "

Take a look at Travel Guide section:

tripadvisor.com/AllReviews-g528745-San_Juan_…

On top you'll see "Traveler Articles – advice from real travelers", click on View more Traveler Articles to display all articles written by members, or scroll down to see professional advice on the web.

About maps in developing countries, you may be asking for too much. In many developing countries, especially small towns, there are no good maps. Many towns don't even have street names or if they do, there is no house/building numbering.

In Nicaragua, it's quite common to be told that a restaurant is located where the old oak tree used to be. Same thing in other countries.

Silvia

Edited: 04 February 2012, 04:47
Seattle
Level Contributor
6 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: website makeover

you can do better

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,777 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: website makeover

I would concur that TA could do better with certain aspects

However, overall IMHO it does work will and the majority of users seem to be able to quickly find out how to post a review and forum post. All websites are about exploring them and find out how they work

Do not give up

4. Re: website makeover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 21:19