We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel companies

Llanelli, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travel companies

Hi

Can I write a review about a travel company and the bad service that I have received from them??? If so how do I do this???

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel companies

Sorry no you can't.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel companies

The following links provide good info:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/what_you_can_review

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/what_you_cant_review

Finally, there is a link to the Help Center at the bottom of every page on TripAdvisor. This is an invaluable resource that is definately worth adding to your bookmarks as it contains many answers to questions such as yours as well as links (should you need them) with which to contact TripAdvisor directly.

Hope that helps :)

CB ",)

Doncaster, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel companies

can you tell me where i can share with people the awful service we have recently received from a travel agent, so others do not get treated the same.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel companies

Hi gillian h,

If you read on the thread, you'll see that you can't review travel agents on this site. Sorry, you had such a bad experience with your travel agent.

L4

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel companies

What about sharing feedback about travel companies on the appropriate destination forum?

tripadvisor.in/help/what_the_forums_are_not

It says that forums are generally not the appropriate places for posting reviews but reviews about businesses that do not qualify for a listing on Tripadvisor maybe shared on the forums?

Some India forums have tour companies listed under attractions. They are reviewed there. One can always ask for a tour company to be listed in a destination attraction and then review it? In some places, tour companies are clubbed alongwith attractions - which is not fair to attractions or the reader, in other places they are listed separately - as it ought to be.

India forums are always full of posts giving reviews of tour companies - praising or warning about one travel company or the other.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel companies

Hi GatherinNoMoss;

TripAdvisor does NOT accept reviews of overnight tours, mutli-day tours, tour agencies, booking sites, or travel agencies.

As such, the OP could not post a review under the "attractions" area of any destination.

Best Regards

Edited: 11 April 2012, 02:17
Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel companies

Looks like I will have to dig out some links then :) Will take some time. Posts there are aplenty on the India forums, which basically are reviews (recommendations / complaints) about agencies and booking sites. There are also tour companies listed.

I have tremendous respect for the regulars here. Would genuinely like know the finer distinctions as you folks see them. No sarcasm here.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel companies

Here is one link listed under "Places to Visit" which is in the left hand column of the Mumbai forum:

tripadvisor.in/Attractions-g304554-Activitie…

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel companies

An example of a forum post. There are many more and have always been ever since I joined TA:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g293860-i511-k52068…

I have always maintained that it is better to have them reviewed in a "reviews" section rather than have these on the forums. As i see it, it is a review.

Afraid I will be able to continue this only tomorrow - it is night here.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,552 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel companies

Hi GatherinNoMoss;

There is no need to post any links - we on this forum are well aware that some companies lie to get their business posted on the site, and then change their websites to the correct types of services the provide.

If you find a company that is listed incorrectly, you should contact TA staff with your concerns. I would suggest visiting the Help Centre page “How to alert us when a listing is incorrect” and click on the “E-mail Us” link in blue text.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_alert_us_when_a_…

FYI...there is a link to the Help Centre at the bottom of every page.

I see that you were posting your reply while I was composing mine. Forum posts are an entirely different matter.

Best Regards

Edited: 11 April 2012, 02:47