We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saving Selected Reviews

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Saving Selected Reviews

How do I save reviews into my trip folders?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,759 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

Hi Woody,

The button to save a review is no longer there. At least, I can't find it.

It seems that TripAdvisor will need to update the Help Center page related to saving items to Trip Folders. The detailed information on how to do this is no longer applicable.

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_save_items_to_my…

tripadvisor.com/help/what_you_can_save_into_…

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

Well, the way it is supposed to work is that you click on the review to view the full text of the review. On the complete review view, there should be a green button on the top right corner of the review, which reads "Save this review" which you simply click to add the review to the folder of your choice.

BUT there is currently a glitch of some sort, as some reviews don't have this button on them, while others do.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,759 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

I went back to some reviews that I saved in mid February. They're still in my Trip Folder but the Save button is no longer available on these reviews.

I looked at a few reviews in different cities, but haven't seen a save button anywhere.

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

I think it depends which TA server give you those pages, Silvia. When I look at these reviews, at this moment, I see a Save button:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d6830…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d1957…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d1831…

But these reviews don't have one:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d1822…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d1569…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d1895…

tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g154913-d2872…

I just noticed that the hotel reviews don't have save buttons, but the restaurant and attraction reviews do! I know hotel reviews used to have a save button, so it sounds like they are glitched.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

Hi Woody, Silvia, CW,

I did a little digging here. We removed the "Save" button from Hotel reviews and it will also be removed from Restaurant and Attraction reviews in the future.

Currently you can save a hotel review if you:

-click the name of the review (allowing you to see the full text of the review) -copy the URL for that page

-go into your MyTrips folder and paste the URL into the "Add custom info" or "My trip notes" section.

You can also save the property by clicking the "Save <listing name>" link on the left side of the page.

Hope this helps--

Jeanine

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

Hi Jeanine,

Thanks for the update. Can you say why you've disabled , in my opinion, a useful and easy to use tool?

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

Hi Woody,

Our site editors found that overall it was very rarely used, and we're trying to de-clutter those pages a bit.

Best,

Jeanine

West Bloomfield...
Level Contributor
114 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

why would you disable this function that is so useful to trip planning.those of us who are tech challenged rely on easy buttons!!! bring bacy the button!!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

All websites will withdraw functionality that is rarely used and from what Barbara says that was the case here - use or lose it

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,912 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saving Selected Reviews

The 'Save' button for saving posts on the forums was withdrawn but was later restored after many people complained.

Mind you many people did use that particular feature.

Edited: 14 March 2011, 02:23