We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding reviews on facebook

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Adding reviews on facebook

If I've written a review and didn't post it on facebook and now want to, how do i do it!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding reviews on facebook

Hi.

Only the forum posts will be automatically posted to FB, unless something has changed. Reviews do not post over there.

And if it was a forum post you were referring to - once it has been posted here there is no way to go back and have it transfer to FB. You get that one shot at the time of posting for it to automatically share your post over on FB.

If you were referring to something different, please let me know because then I misunderstood.

Thanks

Noah

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding reviews on facebook

Hi, I did a review for Doubtful sounds and it's posted it to my profile page whiich is great. but I did it when it asked me. I did another one for another company and as it was the first time of doing it i got a bit muddled and didn't post it straight away. I was wondering once it's published whether I can share it?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding reviews on facebook

Hi again,

Reviews can take up to 2 weeks to be published. During that time you will probably get an email from TA asking you to verify your review and click a link - if you don't do that, your review will be deleted.

During the publishing processs - the review will show up on your profile page as "pending" it does not appear on the business' listing during that time.

And again - unless something has changed - reviews do not get shared with facebook. Only forum posts have the option of getting shared - and even then it is a one time shot at the time of posting.

-Noah

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding reviews on facebook

Hi All,

If you want, you can actually share your TripAdvisor reviews on Facebook (as well as your forum posts). After you write a review you'll get a confirmation/thank you screen which has a question asking if you want to share your review on Facebook.

RachAHall, if you don't elect to share your review there, we don't have a way to let you share it retroactively. The only thing I could suggest would be to ask our Reviews team to remove your review-- then you could resubmit it afterwards (and share it when you submit it).

You could use the instructions on this link to ask us to remove your review:

tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_remove_a_review_…

Hope this makes sense!

Jeanine

5. Re: Adding reviews on facebook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 14:20