We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

I recently wrote a review of Wanshougu Mountain and caves in Guangxi, China.

This was a new review, as the attraction did not previously appear on TripAdvisor. Checking my account later showed the review status to be 'Under Review' by TripAdvisor staff. Checking later still, showed my review to have been removed without trace, and no reason given.

Can anyone tell me why?

14 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

When you submitted your request for a new listing did you include a website or official FB page? I cannot find the attraction in a Google search, so maybe they do not have any internet presence? TA Listing Team will need to prove the place exists and is legit. A website is the only thing they can check out.

If TA cannot check out the suggested attraction for legitimacy, a listing cannot be assigned and a review will not get published.

No, TA do not give any of us a reason when things happen to reviews.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

Can I suggest TA have a look at:

https://baike.baidu.com/item/万寿谷

West Grey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
84,035 posts
103 reviews
3. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

You can "suggest" anything you want, but not via the forums. This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is primarily member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. It is NOT an effective way of contacting TA staff.

TA staff are easily identified by the prefix "TA" before their name, IE – TA Jack or TA Jill and the words “TripAdvisor Staff” below it.

Best Regards

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

There are only members here who assist as best they can, Clive. You have not reached a TA office.

I know that when listing requests for companies who operate in a language other than English are submitted, the vetting process by the Listing Team is much longer than the 4-8 weeks for English language companies. The review that is attached to the listing request goes into limbo in a member's review contributions page. Then when/if the listing is approved, the review migrates into the new listing.

I have no way of reading the website you linked because it is in Chinese so unfortunately, I am unable to check it out to see if it complies with the listing requirements. Perhaps another member will come along and be able to read it. Or you might examine the website yourself to see if all the required information can be easily located in it.

Things to Do category guidelines are here: https:/…227834947-Things-to-Do-categories

Things to Do listing requirements are here: https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en-us/…

5. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2018, 00:00

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,054 posts
66 reviews
6. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

Greatsouthwest ~

Reviews are only removed if they violate guidelines. If you have a copy of one of your missing reviews, you could post it below. Some Support regulars might be able to tell which guideline was violated.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
25,429 posts
25 reviews
7. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

GreatSouth, glancing at the recent reviews that you published, I noticed that they all started with the same phrase. Upon a deeper look, every one of them started with the same long paragraph describing your trip and praising a travel agency.

All of these reviews violate guidelines. Every review must be original. You cannot copy the same text from one review to the next.

That's just one of many issues. The review I attempted to read in full had too much content that had nothing to do with the topic at hand (a waterfall). Other reviews do the same. Plus there is even more content (about your tour guide) that is copied across several reviews. All of this is a violation of TA guidelines.

8. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
27,344 posts
123 reviews
9. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

Yes, lots of the exact same paragraph just copied and pasted into each review. Plus on one review I read the second paragraph sounded like an encyclopaedia entry you copied. That may have violated the “not first hand experience” part of the guidelines as it sounds like a blurb from some official tourist brochure or encyclopaedia entry about the attraction, not of a personal experience by you.

Edited: 24 May 2018, 06:56
10. Re: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed

Reply to: Review of Previously Unreviewed Attraction Removed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted