We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel reviews

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel reviews

Is it possible to read hotel reviews without putting in booking dates? A pop-up asking for dates blocks the reviews before I can start reading. Sometimes one wants to do research well ahead of knowing the exact dates of travel. Of course one can make up dates, but that's a waste of time.

5 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,084 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel reviews

Yes, it is possible. I never have to put in dates to read reviews. I don't know why you;re getting a diffrent experience, sorry. Maybe it's to do with how we access the reviews?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,691 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel reviews

How ate you trying to access the reviews as like the poster above I have never been asked to put in booking dates?

Edited: 16 May 2018, 03:37
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel reviews

Thank you for your replies. I access the reviews in different ways, but usually by googling tripadvisor + hotels + destination. I will experiment with other approaches and see if it helps. It's good to know it's not happening to everyone and gives me hope I can find a way around the problem.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,152 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel reviews

When faced with the Dates pop-up, I just click elsewhere, and the pop-up disappears.

Hope that works for you.

So far, I have never filled in a date, as I never plan on booking thru TA, or one of their “partners.”

Best of luck,

Hunt

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,084 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel reviews

Maybe I'm just clicking elsewhere on th epage. I don't know. It's possible I have become oblivious to many of the things TA does that irritates others. If that is actually the case, then I'm quite happy with being oblivious. It's a nice state of mind to have when using this site.

Reply to: Hotel reviews
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted