We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negative review not published

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1 post
50 reviews
Negative review not published

Hi,

Over the years, I've posted many positive and a few negative reviews, but a review I'm attempting to post isn't being posted. The experience was bad and super expensive. I want to make sure I warn other travelers, and I can't do it. I only booked the hotel, because almost all the reviews were positive, but I'm convinced that many if not all must have been fake reviews, because we were not the only ones upset that we booked the place. When we arrived, another couple was doing there best to get out of their reservation. Why was my first review rejected and why is my second review just hanging out in limbo ("being reviewed) for so long?

Laurie

7 replies to this topic
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,440 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Negative review not published

Hi

Did TA not advise you why they rejected your first review

If you still have a copy of it please post it here for some us to look at

When did you post the review that you say is hanging out in limbo?

Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
71,859 posts
132 reviews
2. Re: Negative review not published

Hi Laurie

This is a member to member forum. Once in awhile a staff member pops in, but mostly it's just regular folks like you.

We can't read your pending review, but I'd guess that you made references to other reviews and/or to other people. The review is just supposed to be about your visit and your experience. This is just my guess. If you paste the text of your review here, experienced folks will offer their feedback.

Note that reviews can take 1-14 days to be published to the website.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
63,440 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Negative review not published

Hi again

TA do post negative reviews as you are well aware as I have just noticed they posted this one of yours a few day ago

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReview…

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,626 posts
830 reviews
4. Re: Negative review not published

I don’t think that TripAdvisor will publish any review, which includes something along the lines of, “.......the other reviews must be fake”.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,493 posts
478 reviews
5. Re: Negative review not published

My thoughts are running along the same lines as NYU and PacificNW. It's almost a dead cert that if you talk about other reviews and call some of them out as being fake, your review either won't get published at all or will be taken down very quickly if it does get through.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
2,112 reviews
6. Re: Negative review not published

If your review had anything like you posted here ( "because we were not the only ones upset that we booked the place. When we arrived, another couple was doing there best to get out of their reservation" ) then it would not have been accepted because that's considered hearsay. As already suggested, if you have a copy of the review please post it here for us to take a look at.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,384 posts
22 reviews
7. Re: Negative review not published

I agree that as described it is likely the review violated at least one, if not more, guidelines.

As pointed out talking about what other guests said falls under the hearsay rule. And, while IMHO it is okay to discuss other reviews in general ("some other reviews said fitness room wasn't kept clean, this was not our experience"), talking about specific ones ("XXX's comment that the fitness room wasn't clean . . .") is a no-no and (again, IMHO) there is no question that claiming one or more of the prior reviews must be fake is a no-no too; even if you don't mention specific ones.

Lastly as others said, if you've got a copy of the review post it here and people will comment on it. I can only think of one time (maybe two?) when the hive mind wasn't able to spot clear and/or arguable guideline violations in a rejected/removed review posted for critique.

hlo

Reply to: Negative review not published
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted