We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

Hi

I recently submitted three new reviews and whilst two were punished quite quickly the third one vanished today

I was just about to contact TA to ask them why when I received the following e_mail

We believe in "The Right to Write"

Dear flipflop_man,

We need you to make some changes and resubmit your review to comply with our guidelines.

We are unable to display your review because it contains second hand information, such as a rumor or quote, or the reported opinions/experiences of others. Our guidelines require information in reviews to be from a reviewer's own personal experience. This ensures reviews don’t circulate potentially false second-hand rumors or speculation

We are sorry for this inconvenience, but hope that you will follow the steps below to get your review up where it belongs — on our site!

The text in your review which does not meet our guidelines is

:

"and all the guests we talked with during our stay all remarked on how impressed they were with the staff and service levels"

Please submit a new version of your review without the second hand information and we would be happy to display it

The e_mail also goes onto to provide the text for part of the review and a link back to the relevant review page

Now that is a big advancement in the way they process reviews

Has anyone else had a similar e_mail?

28 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
82,766 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

Awww come-on FFM...stop joking around !

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
17,086 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

FFM

Have you been on the Elderflower Wine again?

Methinks you are hallucinating!

Best...

Mon

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
2,028 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

What fantasy world are you living in? LOL But really, this is great. I hope they keep it up. Just wow. My jaw is on the ground right now. Apparently they are listening to our complaints. Well, at least some of them.

I was thinking I might post about how fast my reviews are being listed so I guess this is a good time to give TA another pat on the back. For the past month they have been listed within 3 - 4 hours after I submit them.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 23:35
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

No joke folks

I too was very surprised to receive such a detailed response rather than one of the general ones that very often gives you no clues at all as to the offending text

Luckily as I always compiles my reviews in Word I had a full copy of the text to hand which I have amended and resubmitted

All they need to do now is make sure that full text of the published review is always visible no matter how you access it

Good one TA

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
822 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

I, too, am amazed at such an astonishing email. Someone took the time, and went to the trouble to really be helpful, instead of just pressing the C428 generic form button. Hope this isn’t just a fluke, because this new attitude is something that will be so helpful to all reviewers.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,728 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

And amazingly they did not even give themselves any credit for the e_mail as their sign off was just

Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor community!

TripAdvisor Support Team

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
23,327 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

maybe just an adjustment on the automatic filters.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
71,324 posts
470 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

This seems to be a step in the right direction, but I need a bit more evidence that this is the norm before I go overboard congratulating TA!

But to be fair, the first reviews I had submitted for a while were published veyr quickly last week. I even had a message about them going live before I'd even noticed myself :-)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
52,219 posts
1,742 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

FFM,

When I read your OP, I had to have a look at my calendar, thinking that we had somehow slipped back to April 01.

If what you write is true, then it seems great that TA is “turning over a new leaf,” and actually helping reviewers understand, why their submissions do not meet the Guidelines.

Thank you for reporting, and “be still my heart.”

Hunt

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
67,078 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!

A big improvement! I hope it sticks around for all rejected reviews.

Reply to: WOW, very impressed by TA!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted