We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why was my listing was removed?

Uyuni, Bolivia
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Why was my listing was removed?

I am quite astonished to know that the lising of my Travel Agency - Jukil De Los Andes in Uyuni, Bolivia was removed.

I recieved the following mail from TD. However to the best of my knooeledge, my account was always listed under the Travel Agency category and was never listed as restaurant.

During a review of our listings, our editors determined that Jukil de los Andes Tours (12290584) does not meet TripAdvisor criteria to be included as a restaurant. Will be deleted. You can review the inclusion criteria here:

https://www.tripadvisorsupport.com/hc/en/art…

As your business does not provide complete itineraries of your routes, your business does not meet the above criteria. We apologize that your company was wrongly listed as a restaurant.

4 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
81,683 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why was my listing was removed?

TripAdvisor does not accept listings of tour agents, tour agencies, tour resellers, travel agents, travel agencies, planners, organizers, concierges, booking sites, reservation sites, or accommodation directories.

Listings that were erroneously accepted are being removed by TA staff.

Best Regards

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,617 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why was my listing was removed?

I'm guessing the staffer who deleted your listing chose the wrong form letter. But, as RT points out, TA does not list travel agencies and are actively weeding out listings which slipped in under the radar.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
66,801 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why was my listing was removed?

You must offer your own tours with your own staff.

Your business says: "dedicated to serve as an intermediary between travelers and travel service providers." And: "To Promote touristic products." These descriptors show you are a travel agency, not a tour company.

I'm not sure why you were listed before other than I know that TA accepted business more casually in the past than they do now.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,101 posts
466 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why was my listing was removed?

You can't hav ebeen listed in the Travel Agency category because there's no such thing. It sounds like your business was listed in error and TA have now rectified that mistake.

Reply to: Why was my listing was removed?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted