We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

4 posts
Save Topic
12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

I've read that the 5 days to get a business listed is unrealistic and that 6 to 8 weeks is the norm... It's been 12 weeks and my business (a beach resort in the Philippines) still has not been listed. I've gotten no messages from TA indicating it's status. I can't find a way to contact a human being at TA. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

Could you please post a link to your website and/or Facebook page so we can see if there's an issue there?

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

www.darosadelmar.com

Thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

Have you looked at the Guidelines for listing accommodation? For instance, one requirement is that there be staff on site- there is no mention of anything which would indicate that your "resort" is anything but a collection of holiday cottages, which do _not_ qualify for listing.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

Understand, however shouldn't I have gotten some sort of notification from TA informing me that it didn't qualify? Besides, I think I listed my place as a B&B which isn't as stringent with requirements.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
24,642 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

From the guidelines:

"To be listed in B & B and Inns, an accommodation must meet our Accommodation listing guidelines AND meet all of the following criteria:

Daily housekeeping is included in the room price

Must not require guests to stay more than 3 nights"

That info isn't there either.

_Read_ the guidelines and ensure your website has all of the required information where it can be quickly and readily found by the TA staffer who won't spend more than about 30 seconds looking for it.

4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed

Thanks for the advice. I will update my website and resubmit.

Reply to: 12 weeks now and my business has not been listed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted