We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

I booked a rental in Jan 2018 and I see that the same one is available for the dates I booked on Airbnb. My husband went through the workflow on Airbnb just to double check and it allowed him to book and pay using credit card.

Also, a recent post showed issues with the rental (mould and water damage). I wrote to the owner about it. Did not hear back. I am unable to ask the question on TripAdvisor contact form (the submit button just keeps spinning). Quite stumped on how to resolve this. I have already paid the deposit on TripAdvisor and will soon be auto charged. I do not want to cancel the booking, just want to know if the apartment issues are resolved and what is the deal with Airbnb showing the same place available!

5 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

I want to clarify that I booked the rental on TripAdvisor in Jan 2018 for a July 2018 stay and Airbnb shows that it is available for the same dates and also let my husband make an overlapping booking (he did not do it but was prompted to pay).

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

On the emailed confirmation you received, you will find contact information. I would suggest using that method of contacting TA staff with your concerns.

Alternately, have a look at the “Top Questions” area on the right side of this forum, and read the entry titled “CONTACT Info for ISSUES with Vacation Rentals / Holiday Rentals”

Best Regards

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

Thank you very much for your response. I had used the contact form for TripAdvisor but the submit button just keeps spinning (tried several times on multiple browsers and it is not an internet issue on my end). The phone number also gives automated messages, no person to talk to.

I have now sent an e-mail through the rental support info you directed me to and also sent a form to Holiday Lettings (they are the partner company from the payment protection plan info). I got an unhelpful automated message since I had selected a preconfigured subject line (did not have a choice). I responded back to it. Hopefully I will hear back to my further queries.

Deepti

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,275 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

You're Welcome !

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor

Hi Deepti, thanks for your post. I can certainly imagine your concerns as your booked dates are advertised as available on Airbnb. Owners are responsible for making sure their calendars are up to date so it is possible the owner has forgotten to block these dates on the Airbnb calendar. To reassure you, I see my colleague reached out to the owner yesterday asking to confirm your booking can be honored.

I understand you also have some concerns about the status of the property due to a traveler's recent review. We encourage all travelers to leave an honest review of their experience but it does seem that this property has many great reviews besides this most recent one. If you have not received an update from us by tomorrow in regard to the owner confirming your booking, please send a direct reply to the most recent email you received from us or call us directly at +1-877-354-7539.

Many Thanks,

Sarah - TripAdvisor Rentals Support

Reply to: Airbnb shows availability for my booking on TripAdvisor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted