We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I the only one?

Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Am I the only one?

Good day.

Im an avid tripadvisor lover, but i seem to run into problems that they never come back to me, i report and mail and complain, what do i do, and as soon as i send a question on the forum and people start reading and agreeing... tripadvisor just deletes or ends convo-thread. So as being a loyal tripadvisor contribute the question end empty.

Questoin: how do i speak to tripadvisor on info and complaints?

14 replies to this topic
Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
43,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I the only one?

<<as soon as i send a question on the forum and people start reading and agreeing... tripadvisor just deletes or ends convo-thread. So as being a loyal tripadvisor contribute the question end empty.>>

You have one post to your profile which is the one that started this thread with no mention in your profile ' Some private contributions have been filtered.' which usually points to posts being deleted on forums.

Angie.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,475 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I the only one?

Hi

Do you by chance have more than one account?

Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I the only one?

Only one profile since 2010, iv had questions and they reply with autimated email... there is no way to get in contact with tripadvisor about matters

Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I the only one?

Ok... thanks, how do i get in contact without getting automated response from them concerning issues... It's really stale going up and down on Q&A's

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,475 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I the only one?

"Only one profile since 2010"

OK the account you are posting on just now was opened in November 2012

Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I the only one?

Sorry... 2012, correct

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I the only one?

<< It's really stale going up and down on Q&A's>>

Ah, so you are not posting on any Destination Forums you are posting on certain Hotel etc Q&A's pages. Yes?

Angie.

Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I the only one?

I have tried to get my account sorted out, i have many issues, so i dont want to delete my account, im enjoying tripadvisor despite all the talk, im trying the forum as last resort for someone to guide me towards getting to a human that can help me with this account issues. But it's been such a pain to even get a response from a person that can just spend time sorting my issues. The Q&A list helps nothing

Edited: 14 May 2018, 05:14
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,857 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I the only one?

Which city forum or forums have you been asking questions on? What were your topics about?

Usually when an original post is closed it has been reported by several members who clicked the “Report Inappropriate Content” link under your typing and they selected a reason why they felt it breached forum guidelines. If enough people report that will trigger an auto-removal and a replacement message says “Removed by the Community”. Then after a while the topic disappears.

In your profile it says 11 forum postings, but only 5 are displayed which are the ones on this forum. So obviously something is happening to your other postings. If you clarify which forum and what they were about maybe we can help you work out what’s happening.

Then maybe you can contact TA Staff directly to ask them to evaluate your removed postings, and if you were not breaching forum guidelines in any way then can they please reinstate them. We all use this form below for forum issues. Open this link, scroll down and type into th comments box and submit to staff - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/GeneralSuppor…

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
43,385 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I the only one?

That is so strange as the OP has got 11 posts under their avatar and it now states on their profile ' Some private contributions have been filtered.' This was not so when I posted my answer in post #1.

Something strange going on with the OP account.

Angie

Edited: 14 May 2018, 05:39
Reply to: Am I the only one?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted