We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American with company abroad.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
American with company abroad.

Hello and thanks in advance for your time in reply. I am being asked to register "my American Company" when in fact I do not have an American company. I have a Thai company that pays Thai taxes, all of which is included in my American tax returns. I don't see an appropriate option to register this. How to proceed? Thanks again, Mike

4 replies to this topic
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,582 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American with company abroad.

What type of business is this company in, Mike? And who's asking you to register your American company?

Is it a vacation rental? That's the only time I think it'll take sense, that TripAdvisor would be asking you, since you're receiving rental income, which TripAdvisor is collecting for you.

Edited: 14 May 2018, 00:55
Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American with company abroad.

I am a partner with two other owners of a Thai company that rents and sells places in Phuket. Trip Advisor is asking me to "register your American Company" after I listed 3 rentals here. Not all Americans work for American companies... in this case, the rental income that Trip Advisor is collecting is NOT for an American company. But there doesn't seem to be an option for such.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American with company abroad.

... but I should have started by saying "thanks for your response" :)

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
46,582 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American with company abroad.

You're welcome ! I'm afraid I can't be of any more help, but years back they have asked foreigners to provide their foreign country tax ID number too. But never heard of asking people to register their companies. Here's an explanation provided by a TripAdvisor staff on the requirement to submit US/foreign tax ID: https:/…78693437

I imagine you have listed your rentals on TripAdvisor. Why don't you call them up ? Here are the available phone numbers for vacation rental support: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12…

Reply to: American with company abroad.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted